Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wholesale Sports HATS off to them! BLACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by explorerimports, Nov 23, 2012.

1. explorerimports

explorerimports WA Active Member

HATS off to wholesale sports in Vancouver. Wow they were BUSY. Guys behind the gun counter were very nice even with 35 customers at gun counter all day wanting service now.

A Worker told me they sold 35 Ruger 10/22 take down models.

NACI Background check was not answering the phone for part of the day. The worker said he completed 16 background checks on a single call.
    business was good for them today. :thumbup:

Anyone check them out today?

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Oh Sh!t here it comes.............

:eatpop:

3. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

I did see that they had the takedown at nice low price. Most places have had them at about $360 or so. I think they were well under the $300 mark.

Glad you had a good experience with them. They have always treated me well.

I am just a big fan of Fishermans Marine since they are a local firm and are good to customers.

4. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe this will answer some questions:

‘Black Friday’ looked pretty green for gun sales

Friday may have broken records for gun sales across the country, and for background checks with the National Instant Check System (NICS), and gun dealers here in the Pacific Northwest were definitely along for the ride.

‘Black Friday’ looked pretty green for gun sales - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I am ok with Wholesale sports. I go there frequently and generally get good service. But they didn't have any deals that made getting there at 5am anywhere near worth my while.
    Glad they were busy though.
    The way things are right now its good to see any business have a good day.

6. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I spotted and grabbed a couple of ammo cans for 13.00 each. Wonderful like new 50 cal cans.

7. akmewon

akmewon clackamas Active Member

went at noon and got a few pmags for 10$ each.

8. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

picked up 20 pmag's in about 5 second's in salem.nobody said anything about a limit per customer so I went for it.They seemed to be on point to me today.

9. 01rednavigator

01rednavigator salem Active Member

I went to wholesale in Salem @ 6:00 a.m. and I got a Ruger SR1911! I am really excited to get it, I have been looking for one of these for ever!
    The gun count was crazy busy, must have been over 50 people at the gun counter waiting to look and buy guns, they were selling S&W m&p's like hot cakes.

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  10. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I think they were $100 off.
    If I had been looking for one then I suppose that would of been worth losing some sleep over.

11. 01rednavigator

01rednavigator salem Active Member

It was worth it! It is a beautiful gun and I cannot wait to shoot it!

12. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

Wholesale Sports in Salem is one of my regular stops. Good folks, good prices.

13. Phrank

Phrank Forest Grove Active Member

Jealous. Been waiting for months for one of these from a smaller supplier. Allocation sucks.

Oh well, got lots of other toys to play with while I wait.

14. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

a local gunshop now has the sr1911 for 619+tax...

(unfortunately we do pay sales tax on our side of the river)

15. Phrank

Phrank Forest Grove Active Member

Bummer. I'd pay that if I could find it on this side of the river (without having to spend $50 more on gas to find it). Oh well, patience grasshopper (said into a mirror).

16. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

More importantly than the Wholesale Sports topic, what happened to NWFA's auto-bubblegummer :rolleyes: ?

Keith

17. Shootnstuff

Shootnstuff Vancouver wa Member

Got and SR1911 and 30 pmags, they really were doing a great job at the Vancouver store in and out in 2hours with background. I just went out and shot the SR1911, needless to say i'm very happy with it!

18. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Stopped in the Vancouver store day before yesterday 11/27 and it was not busy and looking for some 7X57 Mauser ammo and deceided to also take a look what was in the front semi auto display counter. . There was a tall guy with his big travel type coffee cup standing right in the middle of the counter with the coffee mug placed on the counter like his private bar. He and the sales guy were just jaw'n about nothing. I stood waiting to take a look at what they had for semis for about two minutes. The sales kid or coffee guy never even looked at me.

I took what I had for purchase and put it back on the shelves and left.

Same old Place. (>:}-

just say"n

19. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

I hear what you mean... I'm the opposite, I want to be left alone to browse and when I need to look I try to gesture or talk to the counter folks to help me...

Everybody does it differently so counter guys do the same...

Whats so hard about asking for help... Dont really like somebody waiting on my beck and call hounding over me.. But to each his own...

To be clear i understand your point and dont think its wrong... I just have a different outlook

20. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I sure wish car salesmen would leave me alone like they do at wholesales. Those guys are on top of me before I can get out of my car. Like px4 says, just let me be, I will get someones attention if I want to look at something closer.