Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wholesale Sports - Federal Way

Discussion in 'Washington Reviews' started by Northwest Firearms, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

2. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Fantastic selection (can't beat the wall-o-handguns), but their prices seem to have risen lately. When I first went there, I thought they had low prices. Now - not so sure. Did prices increase or did I get wrong first impression? Hard to say. They also have a ton of shooting accessories, ammo, reloading stuff, holsters, etc. Worth the trip if you're in the area.

3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

these days,every order of freight we recieve costs more than the last,and I don't doubt that all stores are facing h igher freight bills because of diesel prices.
    We used to land a 1000.00 order for 150.00,now it can hit 225.00 or so,which raises our retail prices. :(
    I like SW,they hve what I need most times,and I like instant gratification. :)

4. borrowedsig

borrowedsig Lincoln, Nebraska Active Member

Awesome store, mostly because i live right next to it. Overpriced on their guns and in the gun area it gets tough to get service and you tend to get passed up unless you snag someone.

Matt

5. Inspector

Inspector Washington State Member

Hmmm... Are we shopping the same store? While they are better than some, they always seem to be out of what I'm there for. Last night I stopped in and they had one box of .40 ammo and it was $18 for generic FMJ's. They were out of ammo boxes for .40.

I went to Joes and they had a half dozen ammo boxes. They had ammo but were priced to high. Ran over to the new Walmart and they had the same ammo as SW but for $12.79! I didn't buy any as I reload, but the wife wanted to go to wallys.

6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reviews. Seems like many brick-and-mortar stores around here have puny ammo selections anymore.

I am fond of lots of variety and shopping "locally" is really a challenge for ammo. "Well we have one box of Remington 230 gr FMJ and five boxes of Wolf, and one package of Glaser's for $399.00 for six rounds..." :huh:

7. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Too bad I can't change my vote on this place - I went in yesterday and they had a much poorer selection. Not nearly as much ammo and cleaning supplies as I remember from previous visits. Lots of bare shelf space.

Not sure if they're clearing stuff out for end-of-year inventory purposes or reducing stock due to the economy.

8. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Maybe they just can't get restocked right now. If I just went online to Midway USA right now for the first time I'd think it was a phony store with almost nothing in stock.
    On the other hand they could just not be taking care of bid'nuss. :)

9. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

Some of the older guys at the gun counter are very good, and, can talk about what you need whether or not they sell it.

Everyone is out of everything when it comes to loaded ammo.

10. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Seems like now is a good time to get into reloading... :paranoid:

11. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

The Federal Way store did have a good selection of guns, but now, the quantity is way down. Before the back wall was covered in handguns, and as of a week ago, there's maybe 15-20 left total. They have been out of handgun ammo for a long time as well as the popular rifle cartridges, like everyone else, but they tended to run out much quicker while Joe's across the street had plenty, though more expensive. The guys behind the counter are knowledgeable and willing to help you out. I went in for a Kimber, which they would have to order, but it was $150 more than the gun shop down the street (Federal Way Guns). They said they could knock $50 off, but no more, and I'd have to pay the shipping ($40? I think) to get it there. So where's the savings?

12. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Sportsmans warehouse.......... :laugh:

13. twolabs

twolabs Tacoma New Member

I heard they have new owners and new supplyers. But what ever the excuse they really need to stock up to be competitive or they'll end up like joe's.:laugh:

14. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Yes they do - about two months ago it was announced that UFA of Canada had bought Sportsman's Warehouse and will be closing several of the stores and those that remain will be renamed Warehouse Sports. I believe they will be keeping 11 open and closing the rest. Info is available at the UFA website and several other sites. Fortunately the Bend store will remain open and hopefully as soon as they get all the business details worked out they will begin to restock as it is pretty slim pickins' in Bend. I bought the last three boxes of large pistol primers and the last two boxes of .357 Silver State cast bullets they had (158 RN and 125 SWC) - I'm getting ready for the S & W Mod 60 I will be getting as soon as they get some guns back in stock. Like anything though I have learned to shop carefully at SW. Some things are a good deal, some average and some downright meant for nothing more than keeping the bills paid IE. lots of brightly colored, gadgety junk - totally useless for anything.

15. jaminj

jaminj Federal Way, WA Member

These guys have some of the best Prices for new Handguns in area and They will price match!! I buy a lot of new guns at this store 5 mins from my house I always get good service but i am sure they know me by now ammo prices can be high. They have a ton of reloading stuff and there Archery department rocks as well those guys will go out of there way to help you!

16. vico512

vico512 Seattle area Member

An update on this place now that they have had time to settle down under the new ownership.

Their inventory has increased dramatically, and they have one of the best selections of reloading supplies that I've seen. Their prices frequently match (or beat) the internet vendors.

I haven't priced the firearms, since I mainly go there for components.

17. toddt36

toddt36 tacoma Member

I had an awesome experience with them when they where sports warehouse, now wholesale sports. About the only thing I buy from them is fishing plugs and stuff, no more guns, service is spotty, prices seem really high, and don't really like their selection anymore.

18. iPadBob

iPadBob S.E. King County Member

Good selection of a variety of outdoors stuff. Gun prices arent the cheapest but HUGE selection. Know what you want befoer going in as the staff at the gun counter are idiots. I was told that ALL AR15's were carbine because they have 30 round mags. Dont trust there info but if you know what you want its a good selection and from time to time have great prices on ammo.

19. Sagaba

Sagaba Federal Way, WA Active Member

Almost always had good staff here. been buying since 2005 or so when it was called sportsmans warehouse. knives/ammo/huntingfishing gear etc but not any actual gun. they always ask if I need help or have any questions when i stare at the racks. only thing I have to say is they are the ONLY shop that has ever questioned me about my age when asking to look at long guns or handguns. shoot, i was fondling little .22's singe age 13 at every sporting goods store on the west side of the mountains. felt weird when one day before I was 21 they didnt let me hold a handgun I was looking at buying and denied me due to age. not sure if thats a rule or a law but nobody else ever said that.