JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
arakboss; I suggest you go onto the Remington Website and request a current catalog. That will show you what might be available. Pick out what you want and go visit your favorite FFL. They may or may not have what you are looking for in stock. Remington has quite a few Shotguns in their Catalog.

If you are willing to make a bit enough deposit I'm pretty sure they will be willing to order it.

Don't want to start a argument. 20% isn't much markup in non essential retail.

But its also disingenuous when someone in sales says "we gotta make money". Sure, but how much? As a consumer, its my job to make sure its as little as possible. If not, I'm just hurting myself.

Car sales are the worst. The last used truck I bought at Gladstone Toyota was marked at 27k. I got it for 19k because I knew the guy who traded it in and he only got 15k! They got 4k for letting it sit on their lot for a week. Even that was too much. If they got what they asked for, they would have turned nearly 100% profit and not blinked twice as the dumb buyer drove away.

I think I will leave this Thread before the Blood begins to Flow!

I don't mean to offend, but I did grow up without a ton of disposable income and went to swap meets where every transaction, no matter how small, was bargained.

I recently bought a piece of land that was listed at $165k. I offered $135k because all the lots in the plat went for $120k, but this lot was bigger. However, not much if the extra was actually buildable. Seller came down to $160k. I countered at $135,001.99. I was NOT going to pay that much extra for useless land. Seller got all pissed and I walked away. Six months later, got a counter for $140k. Sold.

Say I walk back into the previously mentioned gunshop. His price, $430. Valuable info you don't usually know. The price is $529. I'd ask $500. That way I'm OTD at about $545. He says yes, cool he makes a sale. If not, I go somewhere else.

The reason for my question was that I am considering buying an 11-87 Sportsman 12ga for $350. This particular retailer is one I don't normally support but will buy a firearm from there if I believe it's below their cost. Based on the 20% rule, $350 should be below their cost so I should be safe

You can give anything away for free. When we start making rules about how much somebody can sell something for then we have another problem. That being said, don't mistake what i am saying for defense of Craigslist idiots who think that everything they have for sale is worth double its weight in gold. Buyer beware.

The reason for my question was that I am considering buying an 11-87 Sportsman 12ga for $350. This particular retailer is one I don't normally support but will buy a firearm from there if I believe it's below their cost. Based on the 20% rule, $350 should be below their cost so I should be safe

A new 11-87 for $350? You're not getting hurt one bit!