JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

:s0156:tinfoil time. Released in response to the Hong Kong freedom demonstrations?:s0156:

Edit. In all seriousness, seeing how gross things can get... and just how populous China is, along with the quality if air tgere.. maybe the 4 horsemen are stopping in China first

Additionally, from what I had gathered from them, the numbers of infected over there are less like 2800 and more like 90,000. Interesting if true.

Makes more sence since its hard to clog hospitals with 3k infected when there are about 48000 hospital beds in the city.

I'll see if I can't find the article from this morning that said 2800. I hadn't read the above until just now.

Edit: The article was from yesterday.

That was yesterday's "official" count. Today's is 4,500. That's a 57% increase in one day.

Here's a good tracking tool for the official stats:

:s0156:tinfoil time. Released in response to the Hong Kong freedom demonstrations?:s0156:

Edit. In all seriousness, seeing how gross things can get... and just how populous China is, along with the quality if air tgere.. maybe the 4 horsemen are stopping in China first

Fixed it for you:) "stopping in Africa and China first.

Capturettttttt.JPG

Wow, these health officials are right on top of things.
I guess if I have essential travel to China I will be perfectly safe.
Government positions always seem to be filled with MENSA candidates.

It had to happen sooner or later:

Next month's headline: "Coronavirus: Women and minorities suffer most."

"Coronavirus isn't Ebola or the Black Plague, it's this year's flavor of the flu. Before this strain appeared, the CDC says art-link-symbol-tiny-grey-arrow-only-rev01.gif from October 1, 2019 to mid-January of this year there have been 8,200 to 20,000 flu deaths in the US. The average per year is about 36,000. Coronavirus won't be all that special until we see numbers substantially above these. " - Woodpile Report

"Coronavirus isn't Ebola or the Black Plague, it's this year's flavor of the flu. Before this strain appeared, the CDC says from October 1, 2019 to mid-January of this year there have been 8,200 to 20,000 flu deaths in the US. The average per year is about 36,000. Coronavirus won't be all that special until we see numbers substantially above these. " - Woodpile Report

I fear this may be wishful thinking. The Chinese government locking down tens of millions of people over their biggest holiday period, closing schools and factories for extended periods after the holiday and taking an enormous economic hit doing so seems like more than this years flu.

On a related note the American evacuees from Wuhan were originally going to go to SFO, then to LAX and now they're headed for Ontario Airport out in the desert. That tells me that there's a concern about what they might be bringing with them.

"Coronavirus isn't Ebola or the Black Plague, it's this year's flavor of the flu. Before this strain appeared, the CDC says View attachment 654656 from October 1, 2019 to mid-January of this year there have been 8,200 to 20,000 flu deaths in the US. The average per year is about 36,000. Coronavirus won't be all that special until we see numbers substantially above these. " - Woodpile Report
You're speaking (or more Woodpile is) what I have been telling folks all week. When the deaths reach tens of thousands per week, then you all are free to panic. Otherwise, just another SARS (another coronavirus, by the way) urban myth overreaction like in 2003.

I fear this may be wishful thinking. The Chinese government locking down tens of millions of people over their biggest holiday period, closing schools and factories for extended periods after the holiday and taking an enormous economic hit doing so seems like more than this years flu.

This is a pretty standard Chinese government reaction. They've shut down whole provinces before with little warning and no regards for the consequences, political or economical. Reputation and appearances mean everything.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads