JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hope this is permissible here. Was shopping Grizzly Industrial. Own one of their air tools and was poking around their site. Well, on youTube, I noticed a vid on Grizzly Gunsmithing lathes. Hmmm. So I had a peek and it turns out that the company owner has some kinda cred!

My friend an old gun smith in Beaverton who is now retired used a grizzly lathe to build several rifles for me and himself amongst others. Is there better yes but they are also a great deal more expensive. I used to think Harbor Freight was cheap crap and there is lots there that is but I really believe that Grizzly has a poor reputation than it deserves. If I had the funds and the time I would pick up one and a dedicated milling machine now that I have room for them.

When I was a member of Douglas Ridge many years ago. I invited Don to go shooting with me. He was shooting a custom Ruger 77 in a 30-338 he had built on such a lathe. He did not seem happy with his grouping - so I looked at his target and he had repeatedly for about 10 rounds stacked the holes so that each bullet hole was overlapping the previous bullet hole by about half. We were shooting at the 100 yard line. Thinking to myself I would be proud to shoot that good - he commented that he could normally put the rounds through the same bullet hole at that range. I know some think this is bragging but through the years I have seen him do this. I know of no other person in my life to date that shoots as good as he once could.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top