JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
unfortunately it is a good way to make people think its okay to walk in there just to do it. hopefully there wont be any idiots or people going in just to bubblegum it up for the rest of us.

If they are doing it legally and peacefully then HELL YES they should come with their guns if they please. Its not like people are just wondering about with their ARs. This in orginized, publicized, permitted event. Half the reason people think these guns are so scary is that theyve never held, seen, or shot one.

The article is right, we need to make guns more prevelent in everyday society so people DONT freak out if joe schmoe is buying groceries with a sidearm on his hip. The government is <broken link removed>all kinds of things!

my point was going into the building with the rally. regardless of legal or not, entering that building openly armed is only going to unsettle the people inside. it would be bad press for gun rights.

Why not. They will look stupid when everyone shows up, and absolutely nothing happens. People have to learn, GUNS are NOT the problem.

Agreed. Guns aren't the problem. It's a people problem and it's always been that way.

I usually carry concealed but plan to open carry for this.

I'm not about to do it because I wouldn't like the attention on me. But if someone does, and it a legal move, I support their rights, whether I agree with what they are doing or not......I could not care less how uncomfortable the politicians are......they been making me uncomfortable for years. Sometimes they need to be reminded who really has the power, the people

As for creating bad press for 2A rights.....is there good press?
The only thing worse than a politician is the media.
They will make it, or anything, look good or bad according to their personal agenda. On the 19th we had 3000 patriots in Salem YET the Beyonce lip sinking controversy got more media coverage than thousands of Americans coordinating multiple capital protests against our constitutional right being taken from us...who had a bigger story on it ? Aljazeera.........

I may not agree but I support your rights because the very best scenario for folks who want to take our rights are if we continue to squabble amongst ourselves, makes their job easier

Based on the last rallies, 25-50% of the people will likely be carrying, either pistol or long gun. At this point you're not making a point one way or the other based on your choice not to carry, because the numbers of those that will are probably going to drown you out. Based on the numbers I saw last time, you might as well just do it.

Agreed mancat. Lots of open carry ARs and other assorted guns. I did happen to see that idiot that open carried his AR in Portland about a month ago at the rally. I watched him for a while hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid. He didn't. I actually didn't see any bad behavior by people open carrying, so I have no issue with it.

I have to believe that those who are open carrying are not going to do anything stupid because they (should) know the law and will not want to jeopardize further restriction upon their constitutional rights. I'll be open carrying in Salem and, like others at the January rally, will be on my best behavior.

Yeah the guy in the picture is not what I want to represent me,that's for sure.

So some militants showed up for the gun rally.....great.
I would think that the idea is for people to see gun owners as NORMAL people,not scary as they think we are. The hack in the picture isn't helping anything but his own ego.

And I don't really care if he is on here.

my point was going into the building with the rally. regardless of legal or not, entering that building openly armed is only going to unsettle the people inside. it would be bad press for gun rights.

DISTURBANCE WILL HURT OUR CAUSE. Be well behaved and deliver a friendly message, and neutralize the oppositions negative opinions by behaving very calmly and without incident. Hopefully there will be a group leader which will provide some statements to quitely present the group's opinions and deliver a good image to the public. There may be aggitators present, but do not respond to them--they may be looking to pick a fight so the pro-gun group is discredited. Be overtly well mannered and polite to all. Good luck with this.

Many of the recent videos of committee hearings and interviews show the anti-gun individual reacting with shock and fear when they learn that a gun is readily being carried by a citizen. This is a problem. The standard needs to change, and more open carry just might help society accept reality a little better.

OSP has said no non CHL on capital grounds. So no one best wander into the capital open carrying anything but their good looks. The OSP were super cool at the last rally don't screw that up.

OSP has said no non CHL on capital grounds. So no one best wander into the capital open carrying anything but their good looks. The OSP were super cool at the last rally don't screw that up.

No carry without a CHL does not mean no Openly Carried arms, it only mean the person should have their CHL on their person.

Because you have a CPL/CHL does NOT mean you MUST conceal...it only means you may conceal.

Did you see the news about the Oak Harbor city council meeting? There were all kind of openly carried weapons there (though we do not have to have a CPL to carry in or on a "public building" as you do with Oregon's ORS 166.360-380) I personally know, almost all of those that were open carrying in Oak Harbor did have a CPL.

Is Oak Harbor going to follow Seattle into lawsuit club? last couple pages is after the meeting yesterday.

No carry without a CHL does not mean no Openly Carried arms, it only mean the person should have their CHL on their person.

Because you have a CPL/CHL does NOT mean you MUST conceal...it only means you may conceal.

I don't know about Washington, but in Oregon, you cannot open carry a loaded firearm in the state capitol or grounds without a CHL. The reference you cited is very clear on that.

I don't know about Washington, but in Oregon, you cannot open carry a loaded firearm in the state capitol or grounds without a CHL. The reference you cited is very clear on that.

I do agree that you cannot carry a firearm Openly or concealed), in the Capitol buildings in Salem (ORS 166.360-380) without a CHL. I would have an argument about on the "grounds", but this is not the time to be pushing THAT issue.

My comment really is concerned with the loaded "Open Carry" of firearms in the Capitol buildings, or on the Capitol grounds in Salem, if you have a CHL. (in WA there is no license necessary to do either as long as the weapon is Openly carried, even loaded) However....

There are some on this site who would like you to believe that if you have a CHL/CPL you MUST conceal. Not true. If you have a CHL/CPL you MAY conceal, you may also openly carry, loaded, even in the restricted cities in OR; (there are no "restricted" cities in WA. WA did not give any city that option, RCW 9.41.290 and RCW 9.41.300)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top