JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they had been a little patient, he probably would have died of old age. Seriously, they had the situation under control, this was a really poor decision on the part of the police.

There had to be another way.

Welllllll I guess they could have waited til he ran out of ammo......
I dont think so....
Sorry the old guy ended it that way, but can't fault the LE this time.
Sure surprised at his ability at that age though. I would be happy remembering who I was if that old.

If they had been a little patient, he probably would have died of old age. Seriously, they had the situation under control, this was a really poor decision on the part of the police.

He was firing at them and who knows where those rounds were going. I would have shot him too at that point. He was tough enough to withstand a stun grenade and continue firing.

The reporting is based on what was released by the police to the media. The media is only relaying the information that the police department put out. The prosecution loves dictating what the facts are of an event as much as anyone, especially when there's no chance of any input being allowed from a defense (dead man). The majority of news reports are published this way; via information through a police report and or the witness's account that will corroborate the prosecutions objective. The DA has always been a much more powerful entity than any single person or group of defense attorneys etc.... Research the amount of times we see a police report that sides with a defendant in a case and not the prosecution. The police are an extension of the DA. Which is why its so rare to find DA's that will go after corrupt police officers, their unions & superiors. Unfortunately the public tends to think of news reports as objective facts, which they are not. They usually are pushing the prosecutions agenda whatever it may be.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top