Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Who will be attending the Rose City Gun show next weekend?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jan 15, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Who will be going to the gun show at the expo center next weekend? Will you be looking for anything special gun wise? looking for ammo? Just window shopping?

2. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

I plan on going to fondle a HK p2000 and p2000sk.

3. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I might go, but then again I might just save the admisson and parking so I can go shooting and just buy the same things online for cheaper. But if I do go it will be to hopefully find fair priced gsg mags, and bulk .22

4. PlayboyPenguin

I just fondled my P2000SK at the range yesterday. :)

As for parking, it is so much cheaper to park nearby and take the max or the shuttle from the racetrack.

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

NWFA will have a booth at this one :thumbup:

6. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

I'll go, check out guns, drink a $10.00 beer and eat a $5.00 hotdog.
    I know Im bound to pick up something.

7. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

those 5.00 hotdogs are good. I think they put something in them, cuz I cant ever stay away

8. PlayboyPenguin

Yeah, probably pick up food poisoning eating those nasty things. :D

9. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

Here's that "something"

It does vary from one brand to the next, Look at the ingredients list and see if it contains things like:

MSM / Mechanically separated meat / advanced meat bone separation / meat recovery systems - if it does, this is often chicken, either way, the "meat" is obtained as follows: Once they have stripped as much "real meat" from the bones, the bones (along with skin, feet and heads) and put into a giant centrifuge - that spins at an extremely high speed. VERY powerful (x,000 psi) water jets are directed into the drum and the contents basically break down into a "slightly gritty pink slurry".

Better quality hot-dogs may not contain chicken / MSM - but the "budget" ones nearly always do.

Add to that the rest of the pig that you would not normally consider "meat". In the UK - and I strongly suspect elsewhere - the **ONLY** part of the pig that cannot be legally added to the pot if the left ear - which is the part that takes all the jabs / inoculations / hormones etc.

EVERYTHING else is fair game, intestines, brain, "bits", skin, bone (after being liquidized into slurry by high pressure centrifuges).

Then they add a hint or two of glutinous matter, a bit more pink dye and some spices to it. Squeeze it out into an edible plastic tube and voila - one hot dog :) Intestines ARE fair game for a hot-dog but are not usually used as the casings - these are used only for better quality (!) sausages.

They do however taste ok and are fairly inexpensive - so folks eat them :)

10. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I knew there was a reason I buy Hebrew National's!

11. PlayboyPenguin

My first job as a teen was in a rendering plant. You do not want to know what went on there. Let's just say my title was "slop boy." :D

12. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

Um, don't ruin my hot-dog eating experience. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm going to do my best to make it out there. I'm looking for a Shotty (Remington 870 or Mossberg 590) on the cheap - something that goes "ker-thunk" when you rack the slide and makes perps sweat. Also checking out surefire lights, .223, 9mm, & 45 ammo.

13. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I'll be there with Joey and Jenny, and with everyone's mags!

14. ghanderson10

ghanderson10 Woodburn, OR Member

I might have to come check it out. I've only been to the gunshow in Canby before... I'd like to check out a "real" one. Is usually ammo much cheaper at shows? I've got the 5.56 fever...

15. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Some ammo is cheaper. I found some good .50 and .308 there last time. Most .223 was either bought up quick, or over priced.

16. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

Hopefully, my brother and I will be selling our custom display/armorer stands and will not be spending all that money like I did at the Vancouver show the other week!

Looking for a set of Wiley-X SG-1 frames or glasses/goggles(used are great!) if anyone can help me out, plus, I need a good press(non-progressive) and a few other reloading bits to get me going.

Might just snag a 1975 Browning Hi-Power from a very nice gentleman who stopped by our table at the Vancouver show!

17. HITMAN

HITMAN Vancouver Member

I will be there friday mornining to secure my deal on the safe i ordered via a phone call. I will look for the nwfa booth, when im there.

18. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

For the first time in several years I have some disposable income, and there is no better place to spend it! And the entertainment is free!

I'll be looking for a Taurus "Protector" snubby, and a Saiga rifle in 5.56, and to say hello at the NWF booth. I'll be the fat, sweaty, grey mammal on three legs.

For those who want to do background checks for private sales at home, stop by the show office and ask for a few "Blue Forms." These are provide by the State and are extremely useful, with all the needed blanks for you to fill in........................elsullo :thumbup:

19. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Oh man I just got the HK P30 and I think that is even better. Hope you enjoy it

Scott

20. LiveFree7

LiveFree7 Canby Member

Wow. . . I'm glad I already ate lunch. . . :jawdrop: