JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) Who did you go with? Went alone

2) Where did you go? Skamania Cty Range

3) What kind of targets are you shooting at and at what distance? 15M

4) What Firearms? Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911

5) How many rounds did you fire? 150+

6) Any cool, or not so cool stories.

This was the first trip to the range with this one after it went to the SA custom shop to get some work done (sights installed, front strap checkered, rail added). When I had first fired the gun, it shot very low (somewhere around 8-10" at 10-15M). After the new sights, this thing is dead on accurate. No issues with groups that touched and were exactly at the POA.

1) Went with a buddy
2) Champions in Kent
3) Paper targets between 4 and 24 yards
4) Ruger GP100, Browning Buckmark
5) 50 rnds each .38 spcl, .22lr
6) Noticed they're replacing some of the ceiling baffles...

Went shooting today with BGW, to Tri-County. It's a really cool range. Bigger than I expected.

I shot:
120rds .223 AR-15.
40rds .308 bolt action.
50rds .45 1911.

It was fun.

1) Who did you go with? SOLO
2) Where did you go? Skamania County Range
3) What kind of targets are you shooting at and at what distance? Paper Targets, Golf balls, Bowling Pins @ 15 - 100 yards
4) What Firearms? 10/22, G26, 1911, AK47
5) How many rounds did you fire? 740
6) Any cool, or not so cool stories. Shot for over 2.5 hours and I was the only one on the range. It gave me a chance to practice reloads with my new Chicom Chest Rig without freaking out the locals.

As promised in earlier post:
I went up to Memaloose Rd. alone.
Shot Kahr CW9 - 50 rds.
CZ P-06 - 100 rnds and then another 80 - 100 .22LR with the Kadet conversion kit.
Mostly shooting cans but also a few paper plates.
Met some really nice folks who were also shooting.
Was reminded how much I like I like my CZ. Just can't decide if I like it better with the .22 kit or the full size .40.
Also I had to yell at the nice folks I later met to keep it down and stop having so much fun with thier Mac-10. All that hooting and giggling really breaks the concentration when one is trying to look really mean while shooting soup cans.;)

1) Who did you go with? Some dude
2) Where did you go? woods
3) What kind of targets are you shooting at and at what distance? dirt at 50 paces
4) What Firearms? NFA stuff
5) How many rounds did you fire? 100
6) Any cool, or not so cool stories. RFB's are cool

My Wife had plans this weekend so I found myself at the range yesterday and today :)

1) Who did you go with? SOLO again but met up with some local guys.
2) Where did you go? Skamania County Range
3) What kind of targets are you shooting at and at what distance? Golf balls lot of Golf Balls 25 to 75 yards. Some paper 50 to 100 yards. Some bowling ball size rocks beyond the 100 yard mark.
4) What Firearms? 10/22, AK47, 1911
5) How many rounds did you fire? (600 - .22lr.) (540 - 7.62) (200 - .45 acp)
6) Any cool, or not so cool stories. Range was busy all weekend. Great group on Saturday, but some Bytchin went on today between couple of guys over some legitimate safety issues. Everything was resolved but it made for some pretty uptight shooters. :s0114: I had a good time rototilling the bank with the AK while the guy next to me was corking of .50 cal. rounds with his Barrett.

1) Who did you go with? My boyfriend

2) Where did you go? The Place to Shoot

3) What kind of targets were you shooting at and at what distance? Paper targets at about 15 feet, I think

4) What Firearms? S&W M&P 9mm

5) How many rounds did you fire? 13

6) Any cool, or not so cool stories? First time ever at a range. First time ever shooting anything larger than a .22 pistol. I stopped at 13 rounds because that's how long it took me to hit the bullseye :)

I was using a rented gun that I really didn't like and was there mostly to get over my "first shot" anxiety so I didn't want to stay any longer than necessary. I was pretty freaked out by the noise and "feeling" the shots fired by other people (not sure what the technical term for this is) so my boyfriend used the rest of the box of ammo and we left.

1) Who did you go with? My boyfriend

2) Where did you go? The Place to Shoot

3) What kind of targets were you shooting at and at what distance? Paper targets at about 15 feet, I think

4) What Firearms? S&W M&P 9mm

5) How many rounds did you fire? 13

6) Any cool, or not so cool stories? First time ever at a range. First time ever shooting anything larger than a .22 pistol. I stopped at 13 rounds because that's how long it took me to hit the bullseye :)

I was using a rented gun that I really didn't like and was there mostly to get over my "first shot" anxiety so I didn't want to stay any longer than necessary. I was pretty freaked out by the noise and "feeling" the shots fired by other people (not sure what the technical term for this is) so my boyfriend used the rest of the box of ammo and we left.

You two should go to one of the machine gun shoots, that will desensitize you. :p

Another thing that is good to train out the flinch is to buy some Snap Caps and have some else randomly load them into your magazine with live rounds, this way you will not know when your are going to strike a live round or a Snap Cap. This drill is also great for learning to eject a round that fails to fire.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews