JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the ammo and guns sunken to the depths of every river and lake now is the best time to start scuba diving. Just don't spread this around too much because I don't want scuba gear prices to go through the roof, and diving classes will get booked out over a year ;)
Who's coming with me?

Me. I am headed to Maui for a week of diving.

Got all the gear, I am ready,

DSC_0408.jpg

I'm down (pun intended)...... I have lift bags, jackstay lines, and all of the misc recovery gear we need. I just hope that there's some damn 22lr ammo down there as well as some large pistol primers.

Since this was before the THIS SHTF you wouldn't have found guns and ammo that are less then a year old. I bet you could hit it biger now since there are more guns that have been added to the ones from all the other times. Because this was my idea we split it 60/40. Lets do this

Fixed it for you.

No guns but we were on a train wreck from 1919.

Dang I only wish you could help! I was carryin mine across the backyard when I tripped and they fell into an old hand dug well. And wouldn't you know after falling maybe 40 ft into the bottom of that water filled hole the dang sides started caving in. Well I couldn't have that safety hazard in the back yard we have young grand daughters. So I filled it in level and laid some more sod. Damn shame I had some nice ones. Sold all the ammo to this nice guy in a pickup truck. That stopped by to see what all the ruckus was about.

Dang I only wish you could help! I was carryin mine across the backyard when I tripped and they fell into an old hand dug well. And wouldn't you know after falling maybe 40 ft into the bottom of that water filled hole the dang sides started caving in. Well I couldn't have that safety hazard in the back yard we have young grand daughters. So I filled it in level and laid some more sod. Damn shame I had some nice ones. Sold all the ammo to this nice guy in a pickup truck. That stopped by to see what all the ruckus was about.

You've got to watch out for those hand dug holes. Were you trying out some new waterproof carrying cases that day?

There is no such law. Our fills take place in my basement. But your comments indicate that yes, you need a refresher.

It's like gunsmithing, packing parachutes, reloading and doing brake jobs. The more you know, the better your odds of survival.

Are you sure? This was back in the early '60's, before I graduated from high school and they first passed the law requiring a certification to get your tanks filled. Obviously I haven't "updated" my skills!!

I did all the classroom work, indoor pool work and one outdoors final test dive at a rock corey. I did not finish my certification because I forgot to do one more outdoors recreational dive and have the instructor sign the license off. It was many years until I remembered I had forgotten to do it and was too late. I gotta start over.

So are you planning on searching under bridges first? It seemed like every year they did a river cleanup someone would find a gun or two - usually rusted beyond much future use - under one of the bridges. I have made out well getting tons of lures on lake dives in the past...

Are you sure? This was back in the early '60's, before I graduated from high school and they first passed the law requiring a certification to get your tanks filled. Obviously I haven't "updated" my skills!!

Positive since there is no law that requires you to have a cert to get filled. The short answers is the industry has chosen to adopt it as a rule that most places follow.

So you have let your skills expire but your "card" should still be valid. Of course I would not suggest jumping in without getting up to date on your skills :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top