JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The trouble with looking back at an auction, is that had I bid, the price might have just kept going up. It's not like "I could have bought it for that."

Well if we assume the next lot would be in the same ball park it would only take 68 like minded forum members to put in $500.00 each to end up with enough to have boguht this auction. Add say 4 more to get it here and divided up. So 72 people on the forum to all have $500.00 to buy 194 lbs of brass each. Approx 7100 pieces of brass. Now assume a conservative est of 10% unuseable (yes it still has scrap value at 2 bucks a pound est) so lets round it to 7000 pieces of brass for $500.00 or .07cents a case. Midway sells NEW .308 Brass for .39 cents each in lots of 1000. You can buy Once Fired Military Brass on line cleaned and polished for $0.17 each in lots of 500 (very quick google search it comes in a 50 cal ammo can.

if a Bulk buy on the forum took place you would certainly have to look outside the forum for any customers for your excess brass. Since there would be so much of it on the forum.

... so lets round it to 7000 pieces of brass for $500.00 or .07cents a case...

I shoot my brass 7 times unless I find a flaw. That gets my brass cost down to 1 cent per round. :s0155:

(I didn't check your math.)

I don't pick up range brass. I have no idea where it's been, how many times it's been fired, and it doesn't match the type of brass I have. I get better accuracy if I stick with matched head stamps which means I buy it from LEO range pickup on gunbroker.com. Divide my cost by 7 and it's still a good deal.

This is another reason I consolidated down to 9mm, .40 and .22lr for pistols, and 5.56, .308, .22lr and my trusty .270 for guns.

Well if we assume the next lot would be in the same ball park it would only take 68 like minded forum members to put in $500.00 each to end up with enough to have boguht this auction. Add say 4 more to get it here and divided up. So 72 people on the forum to all have $500.00 to buy 194 lbs of brass each. Approx 7100 pieces of brass. Now assume a conservative est of 10% unuseable (yes it still has scrap value at 2 bucks a pound est) so lets round it to 7000 pieces of brass for $500.00 or .07cents a case. Midway sells NEW .308 Brass for .39 cents each in lots of 1000. You can buy Once Fired Military Brass on line cleaned and polished for $0.17 each in lots of 500 (very quick google search it comes in a 50 cal ammo can.

if a Bulk buy on the forum took place you would certainly have to look outside the forum for any customers for your excess brass. Since there would be so much of it on the forum.

Late this fall I can pony up 1K to 1500 for such a buy

I pick up range brass. I can tell if it's once fired factory or not and if I can't use it right now I am a prepper and so I squirrel it away for barter or emergency use

Gunner do you have a cheap source for 5.56 military crimped, once fired? I want to process it myself..

Late this fall I can pony up 1K to 1500 for such a buy

I pick up range brass. I can tell if it's once fired factory or not and if I can't use it right now I am a prepper and so I squirrel it away for barter or emergency use

Gunner do you have a cheap source for 5.56 military crimped, once fired? I want to process it myself..

I would like to pick up a smaller and mixed lot like this. I already posted that I went to Norfolk Va to pick up a Harley and thought nothing of it.

LINK

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads