JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need something like this for close up work. Trying to hold a Magnifying glass and tweezers to pull one of those itty bitty slivers drives me nuts. I could use them for other stuff too. Don't necessarily need a light on them. From my experience those kinds of things have such a little light they're pretty much useless. I have good swingarm lights on my bench anyway.

This....?

Or this...?

Looks like these ^ come from China. Been there done that, didn't like it..

Or what else? Better yet, what was crap and /or should be avoided, for what reason?

Last Edited:
I have a couple of them, have used them since LONG before my eye's started to need cheaters. After I got older and eye's needed cheaters these became EVER so much more important.
The last one I bought is a version of the second one. LED lights, different power lens that slide in, one side has a swing away lens. Bought from Amazon. They are of course not ANYTHING as well made as the old set made by one of the big names but, I only use them now. The light, and the different powers are perfect for people after eye's need cheaters. Different "jobs" need different power and the extra light is perfect. A lot of stuff any more is all but impossible for me to do without the helpers and as you mentioned trying to hold a damn magnifier while trying to work just does not cut it unless someone got the Covid vaccine and grew and extra arm :s0140:

I have a light on an adjustable arm with adjustable intensity and I use a couple of sets of reading glasses with different magnification. I was going to get an illuminated magnifying lens on an arm (whatever they call that) but I already have a magnifying lens and a suction cup mounted, articulated arm clamp, so I put the lens in the clamp and use that with the lamp. And sometimes use the reading glasses with that too. Hey, it works...

Also I have a little USB endoscope camera that works with my tablet, but unless I need to see very high magnification or inside something, the other setup is usually easier to use.

Flashlight and magnifier widget together.

I need something hands free. I have a fine hand held magnifying glass.
My eyes aren't that bad. But I do wear glasses for driving, distance, and at the loading bench because I just feel better with them.

I do have two swing/arm kind of lights. One on each side of the desk. Yes it's a two person, ( possibly 6th grader size), desk with a good 1" thick top. Probably from the '60s.

I should look at those lit/magnifier swing-arm lights maybe? I'm afraid if I get one of the ones I linked they be pieces of crap. The bad reviews were things like having to have your work up 2" from your face, or distorted view or just cheesy fall apart crap. Maybe I'll just go without unless I can find something I can try on.

I have used these for 4 years, no problems whatsoever. I use them for about 6 hours 5 days a week without complaints.

Yeah, looks really nice. But I'm not looking to spend 3-bills on something I'd use once, twice a month, maybe. Those are coming from China too.

I need something hands free. I have a fine hand held magnifying glass.
My eyes aren't that bad. But I do wear glasses for driving, distance, and at the loading bench because I just feel better with them.

I do have two swing/arm kind of lights. One on each side of the desk. Yes it's a two person, ( possibly 6th grader size), desk with a good 1" thick top. Probably from the '60s.

I should look at those lit/magnifier swing-arm lights maybe? I'm afraid if I get one of the ones I linked they be pieces of crap. The bad reviews were things like having to have your work up 2" from your face, or distorted view or just cheesy fall apart crap. Maybe I'll just go without unless I can find something I can try on.

Yeah, looks really nice. But I'm not looking to spend 3-bills on something I'd use once, twice a month, maybe. Those are coming from China too.
Well if you're OK with made in China, there are $50 ones right under it on the same page. :)

Hadn't looked there yet. I just hate the idea of waiting for a month, or what ever it is to get something when it's IN China.

$42

Free delivery Feb 27, fastest Feb 23.

Not a fan of Amazon lately, but it's there if you want it, and they have a lot to chose from. I usually look at the reviews and if more than 10% are 1 star there is probably an issue regardless of the overall rating.

$42

Free delivery Feb 27, fastest Feb 23.

Not a fan of Amazon lately, but it's there if you want it, and they have a lot to chose from. I usually look at the reviews and if more than 10% are 1 star there is probably an issue regardless of the overall rating.
I too avoid Amazon now as much as possible but, if I am not sure about something they make a great place to try. If you get something and for any reason it's not what you "thought" you just get your money back. Last couple times I had to return something I did not even have to pack it. They have those UPS Store's all over town. I picked on by me, they send me a code. walk in tell the counter person, they scan my phone and take the item from me. In minutes I get an E-mail saying my money was refunded. Now that I am giving Wally a LOT of my online shopping I will sooner or later find out how their returns work. Will be interesting to see how it works with them.

I too avoid Amazon now as much as possible but, if I am not sure about something they make a great place to try. If you get something and for any reason it's not what you "thought" you just get your money back. Last couple times I had to return something I did not even have to pack it. They have those UPS Store's all over town. I picked on by me, they send me a code. walk in tell the counter person, they scan my phone and take the item from me. In minutes I get an E-mail saying my money was refunded. Now that I am giving Wally a LOT of my online shopping I will sooner or later find out how their returns work. Will be interesting to see how it works with them.
I tried not buying anything there for a month and then I got a runny nose and decided to stay in (turned out to be a new allergy). So I tried their Amazon Pantry. They automatically include a tip, which I find offensive (can be deleted), and the driver didn't ring the bell (may be related to the first issue) so I didn't know immediately when it was delivered. It was cold out so the ice cream did not melt. The food all seems to be from that snooty market that I never go to but it was OK. All around I give it a solid 2 out of 5. :) I've restarted my one month moratorium and it's going well. Remember Parler!

I tried not buying anything there for a month and then I got a runny nose and decided to stay in (turned out to be a new allergy). So I tried their Amazon Pantry. They automatically include a tip, which I find offensive (can be deleted), and the driver didn't ring the bell (may be related to the first issue) so I didn't know immediately when it was delivered. It was cold out so the ice cream did not melt. The food all seems to be from that snooty market that I never go to but it was OK. All around I give it a solid 2 out of 5. :) I've restarted my one month moratorium and it's going well. Remember Parler!
I have been using the Wally delivery since I had enough of Amazon. Have been using them at least one time a week and so far is going great. When I pick a time they are here inside of :15 of the time but probably because the store is only a few miles from me. I get a text from the driver when they are on the way.
I did have one last night that if I had not caught it was trying to give me a lot of stuff not mine. I meet them at the garage so the Dogs are not raising hell. He started to hand me several bags that were not mine. When I told him, he waited, I made sure all my stuff was there and he took several bags back. I have to guess if he had left them on my porch he would have gotten to another stop and been short :confused:
Paler says it's back, I try at least one time a day to log into my account and nothing happens. I did e-mail them a few days ago to ask. They responded and said they are there, just taking a while to get it all up and running again so we shall see. If Trump decides to join it will probably crash the site again for a while :D

I have been using the Wally delivery since I had enough of Amazon. Have been using them at least one time a week and so far is going great. When I pick a time they are here inside of :15 of the time but probably because the store is only a few miles from me. I get a text from the driver when they are on the way.
I did have one last night that if I had not caught it was trying to give me a lot of stuff not mine. I meet them at the garage so the Dogs are not raising hell. He started to hand me several bags that were not mine. When I told him, he waited, I made sure all my stuff was there and he took several bags back. I have to guess if he had left them on my porch he would have gotten to another stop and been short :confused:
Paler says it's back, I try at least one time a day to log into my account and nothing happens. I did e-mail them a few days ago to ask. They responded and said they are there, just taking a while to get it all up and running again so we shall see. If Trump decides to join it will probably crash the site again for a while :D

I don't get the "order everything and have it delivered" mentality. I do use amazon, and such, more than I did some years ago. There's just no point in looking in stores anymore when on-line has myriad choices of whatever you decide you want/need. In these times I WANT to get out of the damned house! Pretty much the only entertainment is getting in the car and going.... I hate having to Mask-Up but I deal with it for the time inside. Example...Needed a new pair of work boots and have been getting them at Walmart for years. No ne of the four Walmart's in the area had my size. It's apparent they're not keeping stores stocked due to the Rona, and shifting to on-line sales. Had my boots delivered to the door 3 days later at no charge. :( I like going to the store and trying them on. I don't want to have to dink with returns. Boots are fine though.

Have u tried insta-cart? We haven't been to a grocery store since last feb thx to that. They deliver from multiple stores like Fred Meyer, Costo, Safeway, etc. Basically u do ur shopping online and then people who are already in the store sign in to fill your grocery/whatever list and deliver within 2 hours. Tips r optional. If anything is wrong like they buy the wrong item insta cart refunds that item immediately and you don't have to return it.

I don't get the "order everything and have it delivered" mentality. I do use amazon, and such, more than I did some years ago. There's just no point in looking in stores anymore when on-line has myriad choices of whatever you decide you want/need. In these times I WANT to get out of the damned house! Pretty much the only entertainment is getting in the car and going.... I hate having to Mask-Up but I deal with it for the time inside. Example...Needed a new pair of work boots and have been getting them at Walmart for years. No ne of the four Walmart's in the area had my size. It's apparent they're not keeping stores stocked due to the Rona, and shifting to on-line sales. Had my boots delivered to the door 3 days later at no charge. :( I like going to the store and trying them on. I don't want to have to dink with returns. Boots are fine though.

I work in health care so I was "essential" when this plague hoax got rolling. So instead of working my normal shifts I was often working OT on top of it. Sometimes I started to feel like I lived at work :mad: So I have ZERO desire to go to the store if I do not have to:D
Now that King Jay has declared we can eat out again Wife and I have done that a few times. I did miss that and it's nice to be able to again.
On the Wally return thing I got to see how it worked today. Got something from them yesterday that did not work. So when I went online it had me print a code. Wife who still loves to shop was going to Wally this morning. So I handed the box and paper to her. About :15 after she left I got an e-mail from Wally saying they refunded my money so looks like returns to them are just as easy as Amazon, which was nice to know. I never did like going to the damn store so when Amazon got so damn good I loved it. Now that I am trying to not use them it so far looks like Wally is trying to give them a run for their money which was fine with me.

Have u tried insta-cart? We haven't been to a grocery store since last feb thx to that. They deliver from multiple stores like Fred Meyer, Costo, Safeway, etc. Basically u do ur shopping online and then people who are already in the store sign in to fill your grocery/whatever list and deliver within 2 hours. Tips r optional. If anything is wrong like they buy the wrong item insta cart refunds that item immediately and you don't have to return it.
I work in health care so I was "essential" when this plague hoax got rolling. So instead of working my normal shifts I was often working OT on top of it. Sometimes I started to feel like I lived at work :mad: So I have ZERO desire to go to the store if I do not have to:D
Now that King Jay has declared we can eat out again Wife and I have done that a few times. I did miss that and it's nice to be able to again.
On the Wally return thing I got to see how it worked today. Got something from them yesterday that did not work. So when I went online it had me print a code. Wife who still loves to shop was going to Wally this morning. So I handed the box and paper to her. About :15 after she left I got an e-mail from Wally saying they refunded my money so looks like returns to them are just as easy as Amazon, which was nice to know. I never did like going to the damn store so when Amazon got so damn good I loved it. Now that I am trying to not use them it so far looks like Wally is trying to give them a run for their money which was fine with me.

I'm a pretty picky shopper. Wifey, BTW, is mid-management at a major retail grocery chain, for 23 years at the current job an about 8 years at others previously. I do the shopping and cooking. Not much prepared/frozen stuff. No body is ever going to be allowed to pick MY pot roasts, or pork butts. Nor my head of lettuce, green onions or radishes! As long as I am able to! I doubt there are but a tiny fraction, if that, of the kids they have picking your groceries ever make anything from scratch at whatever home they live in.

To each their own though. :D

Edit: @Alexx1401 Hey man! Thanks for doing what you do! Can't imagine what it must be like. Some consider Wifey as being front line too, clearly not to the point of healthcare workers though. She has weathered it pretty good though. A lot of hours because she has to cover for flakey employees. And a bunch of restriction and extra work because of the Rona.

Last Edited:
I need something like this for close up work. Trying to hold a Magnifying glass and tweezers to pull one of those itty bitty slivers drives me nuts.
I have had good luck removing slivers by washing my hands and wearing a rubber glove for 1/2 hr or so. I have often worn a leather glove over the rubber glove and carried on with my work. The skin gets soft and wrinkled and I often can just squeeze the sliver out. I know this does not answer your post about vision but just offered as a helpful tip. YMMV :D:)

I've had this LED swing arm magnifier for a few years and find it invaluable. One of the knuckles needed to be fixed, but other than that it works great. Dimmable with multiple color tones. These pics don't do it justice.
Edit to add: the glass lens is ~4 3/4" in diameter
V67jNc5l.jpg
qFLvI89l.jpg

If I had a full size loading bench I would most certainly consider magnified light. getting the glasses are the best at this time I think.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top