JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hear ya. In my mind there is no such thing as too much consumables as long as it keeps. Cache might be found but never lost unless cached by a fool. You never know who might need to be resupplied, hunkering down in a stick built house is also a short lived delusion. 600 rounds is doing good man, I know all to well what its like to pack weight through the mountains for miles on end, it gets heavy quick, even if it isn't steep just stepping over down logs all day is tougher than people think. For me 240 m855 rounds rifle and 54 pistol 9mm, move fast , hide will. Hit and run and if I live through that many rounds I will feel fortunate , find cache and refill, purify some water , check some traps and continue

Yes, it sure is. Being a target gives you the extra adrenalin. :D

The new load bearing vests and leg carriers are amazing today compared to the stuff of the 60's and that era. I loved the M-14, but the AMMO was heavy. That is one good thing about the 556. I am like you on the 45. only about 56 rds there. If you are down to using it you are in DS anyway.
If no one is on your azz you have all the time in the world, so load means little.

You can never defend a wooden structure.
And you can't defend a hole in the ground.
Unless you live in a thick walled concrete structure,
it is undefendable.
Well when you make your thick walled concrete structure, i would suggest 3 feet thick with a domed top and a way to get from your wooden structure without exposing yourself :s0155:

Well when you make your thick walled concrete structure, i would suggest 3 feet thick with a domed top and a way to get from your wooden structure without exposing yourself :s0155:

At least, but I'll still take the bush in that worst case scenario. I prefer being the unseen and maneuverable. You still need air to breath. Thats the weak point of any hardened shelter.

Air is a good point. Maybe burying an airline from a distance would be a good idea. In a SHTF situation i am not at all worried about roving idiots... But with the massive push to felonize law abiding gun owners i think you have more to worry about from law enforcement/military (not the pro 2a LE and military)and they all seem quite infatuated with drones with thermal imaging and now they are asking for "smart drones" that can recognize weapons on a person (or in a house through walls) even if they are concealed. If they want you they are going to get you, at least make it as costly as possible when they try

I live 50 miles from the nearest store/Bi-mart. I actually found it cheaper to sell my dedicated 22LR upper, buy 223 and reload, saving my 22LR ammo to teach the next generation on the 10-22 then chase down rim fire that is gone before I can get to the store ($25 in fuel costs RT)
As to "Vulchers" ; no one here is buying shotgun ammo or exotic calibers, it's all serious (service) ammo that was recommended 20-30 years ago. If your short it's not like you were not warned, many times, over the previous 13 years

Mid-Term Elections is in 274 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes

And where do we find a majority number of these conservatives ?

From those who can not even form a con-census on amnesty for ILLEGAL aliens ?

Perhaps from those who would not even support, but rather criticized those in their own party who fought against Omarxistcare ?

Are we referring to the party of McCain, Boehner, Chris Christy etc ? Do you really think that they won't behave as if they are NBC "Tonight "Show" executives catering to the "Power Demographic" ?

It's comforting to think we can expect a ground swell of genuine conservative values that will force things to return to the "good old days", but do the math....the pubs have, and they aren't about to do anything that might put their free health care, barber shop, and bowling alley in jeopardy.
Our society has devolved into a majority collection of groups who demand pandering. "To hell with anyone else" or anything as esoteric as the 2A or even the Constitution as a whole. This makes for an easy sell for those who would tell them that conservatives only want to return them to the cotton fields, back in to the closet, the kitchen, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top