Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Who Shoots .357 SIG?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Clarkston_cz, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Clarkston_cz

Clarkston_cz Clarkston, Washington Member

We have been playing around with the .357 SIG at my house for about a year now.

Both Glock and M&Ps have been very fun.

How many of you guys carry it, and what loads for carry and practice?

What holsters?

Any of you buying a Gen 4 357?

Thanks.

KEV

Double Tapping a Glock 32 in a UM holster.

dt125-1.jpg

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Not yet, can't afford to feed one.

When ammo funds increase substantially i will definitely try one out.

3. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

Every .40S&W pistol I own has a .357Sig barrel and vice versa. Sig P229, P250, M&P, H&K P2000 and P30.

I carry a H&K P2000 in .357Sig daily, but may switch to my P30 now that I have a custom .357Sig barrel for it.

I carry Speer Gold dots, but reload my own ammo, so practice is cheap for me.

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I have a Kel-Tec P-40 and a .357 SIG barrel for it. Quite stout when you fire it since it's a small, light package!
    Used to have a P-11 with the P-40 top end and another .357 SIG barrel for it. Could shoot 9mm. .357 SIG and .40 S&W depending on how I configured it.
    Think I've got at least 500 .357 SIG rounds and about half that in .40 in the safes.

5. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

I want one but as with 10mm its just too friggin expensive to feed compared to 9mm or .38 Special. Hell I can usually get a much better deal on .357 mag than sig.

Some day but then again for those prices I just might get a 5.7 and be done with it.

6. torrejon224

torrejon224 Springfield, OR Member

Full size M&P and a compact in 357sig. Absolutely love the round!! Modest recoil, straight as an arrow and fun to shoot at 100 yds. About two years back, some shop in Pa was selling Federal FMJ for it just over $220 per case which was/is a steal. Needless to say I bought a lot (eight cases) and now reload. Most of my holsters are made by my friend Mark Garrity in Phoenix. Carry ammo is Golden Sabre which is a tough one to find but worth it!