JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking seriously about parting with the bucks to get a really nice custom 1911 and have narrowed my selection down to either an Ed Brown Elite or the Ed Brown Dave Champion.

Ed Brown's web site lists Keith's, Philomath Gun Shop, the Gun Zone as the only dealers in the PDX area (Philomath isn't too bad of a drive). I don't object dealing with Keith's, but I would just as soon support a smaller local dealer if I have an option.

Anyone know of anyone else in the PDX area that handles Ed Brown pistols? I know I can just order direct and have it shipped to an FFL, but I am exploring other options.

I'm starting to think If I do this I'll just order direct and have it shipped to an FFL here in the PDX area. I have a while to think about it as I probably won't do this until my year end bonus comes thru. I may head out to Keith's to just see if they have anything in stock, but probably won't end up buying there unless they have exactly what I want.

Just my .02, but if you're heading down the direct order route, and willing to not hold it and drool on it before buying, there are other brands to consider as well. Like any model, Brown has its supporters and the others. Do some research, enjoy the hunt as you're spending some hard-earned $$.

You can find versions of everything you'd like in the PDX area, maybe not exact, but close, and a few miles driving only sharpens the focus.

Good luck and report back!

I am thinking seriously about parting with the bucks to get a really nice custom 1911 and have narrowed my selection down to either an Ed Brown Elite or the Ed Brown Dave Champion.

Ed Brown's web site lists Keith's, Philomath Gun Shop, the Gun Zone as the only dealers in the PDX area (Philomath isn't too bad of a drive). I don't object dealing with Keith's, but I would just as soon support a smaller local dealer if I have an option.

Anyone know of anyone else in the PDX area that handles Ed Brown pistols? I know I can just order direct and have it shipped to an FFL, but I am exploring other options.

:eek::):cool:

How long do you have to wait?

Not sure. That is what makes it so frustrating. I got feedback from the 1911 forum that one guy got his pistol in 30 days, one in 60 plus, and others in 90 days (this is what Ed Brown quotes as standard lead time for new orders). Just ordered an Adams Leatherworks holster and mag pouch for it that I will likely see before the pistol arrives. Lookin' at some BBQ grips from Browns Custom Grips as well in addition to the VZ ETC grips I ordered with the pistol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top