JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to every few years go through and cull. If not I would be over the top with "stuff". I am forever saving parts from stuff I no longer have. Just sure if I toss it I will later need it. Now and then I do find something I need in those bins of junk that sure comes in handy. I did have to laugh at the one comment on holsters. The first time I tried Ebay it was great for that. I used to keep a couple boxes of holsters that never worked for me. Did not know what the hell to do with them and did not want to toss them. After I sold them all I started using them to buy when I wanted to try something new. Often could find a used one and much cheaper price. If that one did not work for me it went back up. Some holsters probably go through several owners till they land with someone who uses them :D
So...holsters are like that one girlfriend?

Chiappa stuff is borderline junk.
It's got the look. And I, also, bought m9 mags for $2 and change in quantity.
Well used, but 2 bucks?? Couldn't help myself.
The M9 mags are leftovers from my Beretta. The buyer lowballed me, l accepted but gave him the Clinton/Reno era 10rd abortions that came with it... kept my big'uns.
I still have a beautiful leather Bianchi belt holster for it too. And a Bianchi M84 "duty" holster.
Someday I'll find something to host them all. I was very close to just buying one before the 'Rona craze swept the nation... prices were exceptional in 2019 for a basic 92.

Being of Scottish decent, we like to call it frugal. I've got bins of gun stuff and motorcycle stuff, and just stuff. The fastest way to find some sort of doo-dad that I need for a project is to order two more and put the extra away generally right next to the one I couldn't find in the first place.
As my grandmum form Scotland would say about which part of the pig you eat...everything but the squeal. So yes, frugal.

This is hoarding:

View attachment 1001014

This is Collecting/Storing:

View attachment 1001015

The moral of the story is....buy/build some damn shelves and you're good.
THAT!!
Now the next time there is a panic run you of course will be a hoarder and to blame. Amazing how many who throw that around every time there is a panic run on stuff. Those who keep a good supply of needed items are suddenly the reason those who never prepare can't just go buy what they want all of a sudden.
When the great TP shortage hit we were the ones who had to go help her parents who when they had 2 rolls left went to the store to find there was none.:s0092:

On another note, while digging for that old magazine I also found a pouch of four new-in-the-wrappers East German bakelite AK74 magazines. I bought them about 20 years ago too, when they were cheap, never used them. Apparently they're worth something now.

A Marlin Camp Carbine was on my list too until l got a load of used prices on GB. Wow.
Not only price but the plastic magwells are beginning to get brittle and break on some of them as well.

That was the 'buzzkiller' for me - and have always wanted one as well and almost bought one new in about 1998 - kind of wish I had at the time!

I realized just now that I might have bought a vertec frame beretta 92 , in part because I've owned a blue gun with vertec grip for at least a decade.

I did want an inox vertec pretty bad when they first came out. But that silly plastic trainer may have been the subconscious deciding vote.

It was a stellar price too.

I've been holding onto some new manufactured ammunition (new brass but loaded by a person, not a manufacturer) just waiting to build an A.R. 10mm. I am now tired of looking at them with no plans for another build… I'm wanting to liquidate them. I've already pulled down 800 and l I am not looking forward to the next 1400.

Or magazines…. Just sayin ya can't have too many magazines… :p
Maybe 1/3 of my ammo cans are full of mags.
I try to make that a space saver by loading mags first.

20210801_183351.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews