1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Who remembers this pistol ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by SVT-ROY, Aug 17, 2013.

1. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Nobody I talk to seems to remember this ammo I'm going to try and describe. Maybe you knowledgeable folks can help.

I used to get it about 10 years back at fairly honest Dons Machine Gun Parlor. I was a regular there before they moved and would hang out with the younger guy who was there 80% of the time. Anyway, some new Israeli ammo came in that was very odd and unique. It had a removable blue tip that aided in feeding, once removed the bullet was flush with the case and had a "nipple" that resembled the side of the button that would be on your right buttoning a shirt or pants etc. It was supposed to loose no FT lbs @ 50 yards and one out of 8 or so would penetrate a soft armor vest(so they said, 9mm).Can't remember level 2 or 3 but the vest was on display along with the bullets that had passed through. It was only out for a few months and was never seen again. They said it was illegal because of the penetration.

OK I can take a breath....Hope that description helps jogg a memory.
  2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Samson (IMI) 9mm "blue tip" 158 grain subsonic
    IMI 9mm "blue tip" 147 grain subsonic
  3. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Wow! Talking about learning something new everyday. Having never seen it, I thought that the blue tip was simply paint that denoted IMI subsonic ammo. Interesting.
  4. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Blue tip has a variety of meanings depending on country and date of manufacture, it means everything from incindiary to short-range training ammunition (SRTA), to "sub sonic"