JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got here late. The question could be answered by another question, "what might we need to effectively take control of our government back". That, in a nutshell, is the stated purpose of the second amendment, that and repelling enemies from without. Consider what we would be up against if it were ever needful to take our government back, a 33 round magazine is a drop in the ocean. As long as those who ask are willing to limit the powers of government I'm willing to talk with them enough to explain our system of government to them, if not then I'm not willing to waste the time on them.
So, if anyone questions our need for an "assault" rifle you know right off the bat that they do not understand the second amendment. The media and our government love it that so many of us don't understand

I need one for my shower gun. :s0131:

showergun.jpg

I've seen everything now... :)

If need comes into play, and you wish to use logic - more cars kill people every year in this country than guns - and technically you don't need a car than can exceed 75 mph as its illegal to do so on public roads so they should work on banning that prior to banning any guns/mags/ammo. Before they can attack the 2nd amendment we should in theory all be driving little 3 cylinder cars that do 0-60 in 6.2min and have governors preventing us from exceeding 80 - no LE exemptions either. Also - any restrictions on the public should apply to LE AND all politicians - no exemptions for any to be used in public. The only exemption would be military use on military reservations. Also - any politician in violation would get double the penalty of any public person - they should be held to a higher standard if they think they know better. They can also be the guinea pigs for national health care as well - no exemptions for them under any circumstances. - end of rant.

If need comes into play, and you wish to use logic - more cars kill people every year in this country than guns - and technically you don't need a car than can exceed 75 mph as its illegal to do so on public roads so they should work on banning that prior to banning any guns/mags/ammo. Before they can attack the 2nd amendment we should in theory all be driving little 3 cylinder cars that do 0-60 in 6.2min and have governors preventing us from exceeding 80 - no LE exemptions either. Also - any restrictions on the public should apply to LE AND all politicians - no exemptions for any to be used in public. The only exemption would be military use on military reservations. Also - any politician in violation would get double the penalty of any public person - they should be held to a higher standard if they think they know better. They can also be the guinea pigs for national health care as well - no exemptions for them under any circumstances. - end of rant.

Actually, who needs to go that fast. Limit cars to 10mph. You can still get anywhere you want to go.[/sarcasm]

Drunk drivers kill more people than firearms owners.....Interlock systems for all automobiles...

5 gal. buckets kill babies..All 5 gal buckets must come from the factory with holes in them.

I can honestly say that for me..... it's a second type of cool..... I enjoy shooting more and re-loading more lol...... with some firearms it makes them look good or better. A Glock 27 with a 22 round factory mag in it just makes me happy down south (think about it). I think my AK 74 would look DeedDee with a 10 round mag, I would much rather have a 30 rounder in it.

You know what the gobbment needs to worry about? all the homeless and hungry people and heck since we like to worry about other countries' problems, why don't we go to Africa and help the poor and provide them with running water, food, and shelter? hmmm there is an idea.

Something that has bothered me about our society was brought to the forefront by the idiot in Tuscon. Our nations seems to be completely consumed by consumerism. Marketing will tout something, and producers will produce something, not because it is needed, but simply because the technology exists to make it. Which brings me to my theme. Who NEEDS a 30 round magazine for a pistol??? it puts the weapon off balance, and unless you are assaulting a terrorist stronghold or just too freakin lazy to reload on the range or a really bad shot, what is the purpose of a 30 round mag for a pistol?? I do not question our right to buy or own them, but I think buying something just because it is there is a virus that makes us weaker. The folks who make accessories will produce any number of useless items just for profit, not utility. I have been handling firearms for many many years. I fully support the rights accorded us under the 2nd Amendment. But for the life of me I think we may be feeding the fires of those who oppose our rights by supporting an industry-made demand for useless accessories that do little to improve our weapons.

You know what, you are absolutely right...you have thoroughly convinced me that I do not need 30+ rounds in a pistol.

In fact...I also think you don't need a car that drives faster than 100mph, alcohol over 80 proof, a gun bigger than .44mag (in pistol) or 30-06 (in rifle). In fact, lets make this into law...ASAP. We'll call it THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS BEST law. Once this comes into effect we'll monitor people that buy more than one knife in a five day period, more than 30 gallons of gas in a 24hr period, and is growing their own food. We should make people as dependent on the government as possible...make them not question their all knowing justice.

We had this problem on "Hill Top" in Tacoma years ago.
But they picked on an Army Ranger with a lot of Ranger buddies.
The gangstas decided it wasn't a smart move when they drove through and there was about 20+ Rangers with ARs ,pistols and shotguns.

I remember that firefight. A lot of our unit SOP's about weapons storage changed after that. It took the CO's signature to even sign your own private weapon out of the arms room to clean it after that. Most of us just stored them off post at friends houses.

I remember that firefight. A lot of our unit SOP's about weapons storage changed after that. It took the CO's signature to even sign your own private weapon out of the arms room to clean it after that. Most of us just stored them off post at friends houses.
I remember when it happened.......Not one casualty ........hooo-ah

Here in Oregon the max speed limit is 65mph. yet they sell loads of motor vehicles that have speed capabilty far beyon that, My truck's speedo goes to 120, **** I have had it up to 100MPH.....do I need it.. **** yes. I'm not driving a Geo metro...I have single shot pistols, I have handguns that have extended magazines. I don't need anyone telling me what is or is not a good idea for me to have. just my 2 cents

Here in Oregon the max speed limit is 65mph. yet they sell loads of motor vehicles that have speed capabilty far beyon that, My truck's speedo goes to 120, **** I have had it up to 100MPH.....do I need it.. **** yes. I'm not driving a Geo metro...I have single shot pistols, I have handguns that have extended magazines. I don't need anyone telling me what is or is not a good idea for me to have. just my 2 cents

I could have sworn we went to the basic speed rule system some years ago.

I have no need for a 30+ round mag in my pistol.

But, in the state the shooting happened, I would consider myself in need of a high capacity mag or three for home defense. Some of the people down there have hundreds of drug/people runners go through their property in a night. I would have pistols and rifles with high-cap magazines in my home if I lived there.

My friends down in AZ are armed to the teeth. I firmly believe that you don't need anything, but if you can afford to own an aircraft carrier (sans nuclear fuel) or SU-27 Flanker you should be able to.

Happiness is an automatic weapon with a belt feed.
Best bumper sticker ever.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top