JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also who needs a super sized Big Mac meal?

Quote from Edgar Friendly : You see, according to Obama's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

30rnd Glock mags are also used in some rifles that shoot pistol cal. So you definately need them for that conversion

As far as the pistol goes I would say that I need them to have optimal good time when shooting for fun. Its just a fun thing to own. Do I need ext mags to have fun though? ...no not at all. But its more fun to have them and thats why I do have them. Plus the awe factor when you show friends who dont shoot alot. They tend to think its pretty neat. Its almost curio/relic

Its comes down to Different strokes for different folks. To each his own. I want as many as I can find

Who NEEDS a 15-round magazine?
Who NEEDS a 10-round magazine?
Who NEEDS a semi-automatic?
Who NEEDS a folding stock?
Who NEEDS a bayonet lug?
Who NEEDS a concealable handgun?
Who NEEDS a "non-sporting" firearm?
Who NEEDS an "assault rifle" ?
Who NEEDS a "high-powered rifle" ?
Who NEEDS a "sniper rifle" ?
Who NEEDS tracer ammunition?
Who NEEDS body armor?
Who NEEDS an automatic knife?
Who NEEDS a pointy stick?

This line of questioning is just asking for trouble. I don't NEED any of these things, but that doesn't mean I should have any less right to have them if I decide I want them.

Amen

I can think of a number of reasons where I'd like a bigass pistol magazine
* pistol caliber carbines that take pistol mags
* pistols that shoot tiny boolits and have 30 and 20rd mags that fit in the gun without sticking out (kel-tec, Five-seveN)
* transferable full auto machine pistols
* fun on the shootin' range. :)
* not 30rd mags, but what about the high cap mags that have only a little bit of grip extension? Sig p226 SCT has 20rd mags that only stick out like 1cm. CZ-75 SP-01 has 19rd mags that are similar in size. These could be good for a reload to your concealed carry (or even small enough to carry if you want...) .

Who NEEDS a bayonet lug?
Who NEEDS body armor?

This line of questioning is just asking for trouble. I don't NEED any of these things, but that doesn't mean I should have any less right to have them if I decide I want them.

I don't believe that it is called a "BILL OF NEEDS." I think it is called a "BILL OF RIGHTS!"

Something that has bothered me about our society was brought to the forefront by the idiot in Tuscon. Our nations seems to be completely consumed by consumerism. Marketing will tout something, and producers will produce something, not because it is needed, but simply because the technology exists to make it. Which brings me to my theme. Who NEEDS a 30 round magazine for a pistol??? it puts the weapon off balance, and unless you are assaulting a terrorist stronghold or just too freakin lazy to reload on the range or a really bad shot, what is the purpose of a 30 round mag for a pistol?? I do not question our right to buy or own them, but I think buying something just because it is there is a virus that makes us weaker. The folks who make accessories will produce any number of useless items just for profit, not utility. I have been handling firearms for many many years. I fully support the rights accorded us under the 2nd Amendment. But for the life of me I think we may be feeding the fires of those who oppose our rights by supporting an industry-made demand for useless accessories that do little to improve our weapons.

From each according to his ability, To each according to his needs.

To have more than you need is an affront to our Marxist society. Right, comrade?

I sure needed a thirty round magazine, and I'm darn glad that I was able to get one! About twenty years ago I moved to a nice, well kept street in North Portland. Surprise, the house across the street turned out to be a Crip Gang safehouse! It looked normal, but the garage was a bunkhouse for the gangsters, who mostly came and went through their backyard fence commuting to their drug-selling jobs. Late nights there would be fifteen or so of them living there, AND I worked a swing shift job, getting home at two or three in the morning, just like they did. Oh, yes, I wore a security-style uniform, which they particularly hated and felt few compunctions about hassleing, since I was not a cop. Often times I would arrive home to find a Cadillac full of gangsters just parked across the street twenty feet from where I parked. Yes, I felt a need for a thirty round magazine! I came and went with one hand ready in a shoulder bag, gripping my Glock. My body language demonstrated that I was ready for anything, and the Crips could read that well, and so they never actually messed with me. There are many such real world settings in America that make large firearm magazines important!.....................elsullo

I sure needed a thirty round magazine, and I'm darn glad that I was able to get one! About twenty years ago I moved to a nice, well kept street in North Portland. Surprise, the house across the street turned out to be a Crip Gang safehouse! It looked normal, but the garage was a bunkhouse for the gangsters, who mostly came and went through their backyard fence commuting to their drug-selling jobs. Late nights there would be fifteen or so of them living there, AND I worked a swing shift job, getting home at two or three in the morning, just like they did. Oh, yes, I wore a security-style uniform, which they particularly hated and felt few compunctions about hassleing, since I was not a cop. Often times I would arrive home to find a Cadillac full of gangsters just parked across the street twenty feet from where I parked. Yes, I felt a need for a thirty round magazine! I came and went with one hand ready in a shoulder bag, gripping my Glock. My body language demonstrated that I was ready for anything, and the Crips could read that well, and so they never actually messed with me. There are many such real world settings in America that make large firearm magazines important!.....................elsullo
In THAT neighborhood you don't need a 30 round mag...you need a MK79 with fleshette rounds.

Who NEEDS a bayonet lug?
Who NEEDS body armor?

Yeah you need some of them.
You need to defend this country and a 6 shot revolver and a lever gun just ain't gunna cut it any more.

50 rounders just get in the way

We had this problem on "Hill Top" in Tacoma years ago.
But they picked on an Army Ranger with a lot of Ranger buddies.
The gangstas decided it wasn't a smart move when they drove through and there was about 20+ Rangers with ARs ,pistols and shotguns.

Who NEEDS a bayonet lug?
Who NEEDS body armor?

:s0155::s0155:

Quote from Edgar Friendly : You see, according to Obama's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

deadeye it was a joke, and I agree with the Cubans because I am having one now and it is a Cohiba my favorite cigar and I wish I had a T-bone for dinner but I did not so maybe tomorrow. The ribs sound good too but I like mine dry and never had gravy fries but I would try them. I don't want high cholesterol and I don't because I just had my phsyical. I love bacon as well but for that matter I love the whole pig. Pigs rule and taste damn good and I love Hawaii for that reason. If you run through the streets naked with jello all over you while yanking to Playboy you can have a public defender at my and all others tax payers defense. And know I don't know what the future is but I am sure it will be ok and I will not be eating a banana broccoli shake pal. So lighten up and enjoy yourself and that comment was all in good fun and I SUPPORT your choice of food and I will buy you an order of gravy fries. Have a good one and I will have a very high calorie beer for you as well.

Happy eating.

I agree that nobody "needs" a 33 rd mag but it is fun and for example in my GSG5 i need high capacity mags cause im not loading 5 or 10, its just not worth it.
<broken link removed>
This is why I would need 30 rd glock mags

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top