JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this exact shotgun at a W.A.C gun show. Some guy had it in a holster he was selling, he had a bunch of camo holsters for tactical guns. He said it was not for sale and he wouldnt tell me alot about it.

Only differance between the gun in this pic and the one he had is the one he had, had a pistol grip on it. (Which would make it legal right?)

If this is legal where do you get it? is it custom i cant find anything on google about it.

qzj3tw.jpg

View attachment 213526

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that one is a hack job. And yes, it makes it illegal. It has to be manufactured with the pistol grip to be legal. It cant be manufactured to be shot from the shoulder, and that short. Has to come with the pistol grip from the factory. I would love to have one!

Yeah that one is a hack job. And yes, it makes it illegal. It has to be manufactured with the pistol grip to be legal. It cant be manufactured to be shot from the shoulder, and that short. Has to come with the pistol grip from the factory. I would love to have one!

Why do you say this one would be "illegal"? Is it because the grip looks like it used to be a full stock, cut down? I have seen AOW with "birds head" grips before, nothing makes me think it isn't legal.

Why do you say this one would be "illegal"? Is it because the grip looks like it used to be a full stock, cut down? I have seen AOW with "birds head" grips before, nothing makes me think it isn't legal.

Guess I should say illegal in Washington. AOW's is the only way for us WA guys to have these. Cant have it that short and have it be originally manufactured to be shoulder fired, that makes it a Short Barreled Shotgun. SBS

Well you may be right, as far as a general AOW. But as far as shotguns go..........

Its my understanding after some reading, that in order for a shotgun to be that short, it has to be classified as an AOW to be legal (in Washington). And for that to be allowed, the shotgun cannot be manufactured to be shot from the shoulder. If it is, its considered a shotgun. It has to be manufactured with the pistol grip from the factory in order to qualify as an AOW. Read the link I posted.

If its manufactured to be shoulder fired, and the barrel is less than 18 inches. Its a short barreled shotgun.

I guess my simplified question is, what makes you think it WASN'T manufactured as a pistol gripped shotgun or AOW?

Ah! 10-4..lol I got what your sayin. Yeah I guess it could be an aftermarket grip. Good call. Never thought of that. Just looked like your typical cut stock with tape or a wrap on it to me I guess. But you're probably right.

It has a kick for sure, but with the speedfeed "witness protection" grip as the one thats on the picture is, its pretty manageble, I shot a friends mossberg version, which is crazy light compared to the remington one, it was a 2+1, pretty handy, sucks you can't legally conceal carry it, its not considered a pistola.

Guess I should say illegal in Washington. AOW's is the only way for us WA guys to have these. Cant have it that short and have it be originally manufactured to be shoulder fired, that makes it a Short Barreled Shotgun. SBS

Well you may be right, as far as a general AOW. But as far as shotguns go..........

Its my understanding after some reading, that in order for a shotgun to be that short, it has to be classified as an AOW to be legal (in Washington). And for that to be allowed, the shotgun cannot be manufactured to be shot from the shoulder. If it is, its considered a shotgun. It has to be manufactured with the pistol grip from the factory in order to qualify as an AOW. Read the link I posted.

If its manufactured to be shoulder fired, and the barrel is less than 18 inches. Its a short barreled shotgun.

These ARE manufactured to be fired from the factory from either Mossberg or less commonly Remington. They are then cut down (you can see the original writing on the barrel cut off), and a forward grip is installed, then it is ran through Serbu's manufacturing and re-branded as an AOW. The forward grip and that alone makes this gun legal with tax stamp. This one someone just switched the pistol grip out to the different style, which does not change it's legality. I have gotten stamps back in as little as 2 months so it's not too bad.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top