JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My AOW is a factory Remington 870 Police Magnum with a 14" barrel. Shooting it is fairly easy and really fun.

IMAG00692.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These ARE manufactured to be fired from the factory from either Mossberg or less commonly Remington. They are then cut down (you can see the original writing on the barrel cut off), and a forward grip is installed, then it is ran through Serbu's manufacturing and re-branded as an AOW. The forward grip and that alone makes this gun legal with tax stamp. This one someone just switched the pistol grip out to the different style, which does not change it's legality. I have gotten stamps back in as little as 2 months so it's not too bad.

Not just fired, fired from the shoulder. Like you said "ran through Serbu's manufacturing and re-branded as an AOW" after further MANUFACTURING. That would mean it wasnt manufactured to be shot FROM THE SHOULDER. When they go out for retail, they are NOT meant to be fired from the shoulder, so it makes it an AOW. Otherwise it would be a SBS. Which is illegal in Washington. Havnt talked to anyone. Just read up about it myself. I like to be informed. And if you read all my posts I realized it was just a switched grip. If it had been a full stock and cut down. It WOULD be illegal in Washington.

These ARE manufactured to be fired from the factory from either Mossberg or less commonly Remington. They are then cut down (you can see the original writing on the barrel cut off), and a forward grip is installed, then it is ran through Serbu's manufacturing and re-branded as an AOW. The forward grip and that alone makes this gun legal with tax stamp. This one someone just switched the pistol grip out to the different style, which does not change it's legality. I have gotten stamps back in as little as 2 months so it's not too bad.

:s0013:

The forward grip doesn't make it an AOW at all, the lack of STOCK combined with the SHORTBARREL does. You can have a forward grip on a rifle, SBR, shotgun, SBS or AOW, but they are not required.

I saw this exact shotgun at a W.A.C gun show. Some guy had it in a holster he was selling, he had a bunch of camo holsters for tactical guns. He said it was not for sale and he wouldnt tell me alot about it.

qzj3tw.jpg

Only differance between the gun in this pic and the one he had is the one he had, had a pistol grip on it. (Which would make it legal right?)

If this is legal where do you get it? is it custom i cant find anything on google about it.

You can hold one down at Blackwater Tactical in Salem. I think they are on 12th about 3-4 blocks south of the RAM Brewery

My AOW is a factory Remington 870 Police Magnum with a 14" barrel. Shooting it is fairly easy and really fun.

IMAG00692.jpg

I wish they were still making those grips for the Mossy 500. I couldn't find one and had to go with the Hogue grip (which is great BTW). Still would love one of those pirate PGs.

OP, since you're in WA, I would contact Coctailer who knows all things BATF and is an FFL. He's into AOW, silencers, select fire, etc. I would get my questions answered, and pay him and have him order the gun. He'll tell you how to order the stamp and when you get it, pick up the gun or have him ship (from Vancouver) to an FFL near you.

Contact Coctailer:

<broken link removed>

I have a keg 12, (same as super shorty) from Safety Harbor Firearms. The birds head type grip is an option, any AOW can have one instead of the pistol grip. People are so quick to say it is illegal, get real. As long as there was never a stock, it can be changed from grip to grip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top