JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mossberg 930 SPX

1E5BDA43-9873-4013-A591-E083A1539EB0.png

Before we get too much more along in this thread....
Lets remember two things :
Rule Number One...Be excellent to each other
And...
If you ain't got nothin' nice to say...its best not to say anything.

To the OP :
While the shotgun pictured ain't my cup of tea...I hope you enjoy your new firearm.
Perhaps a range report might also be of interest to some here.
Andy

Before we get too much more along in this thread....
Lets remember too things :
Rule Number One...Be excellent to each other
And...
If you ain't got nothin' nice to say...its best not to say anything.

To the OP :
While the shotgun pictured ain't my cup of tea...I hope you enjoy your new firearm.
Perhaps a range report might also be of interest to some here.
Andy

Andy, I didn't know an invitation to discussion warranted a disclaimer.

As far as the shotgun. I've been interested in getting one of those for some time now. I've liked semi auto shotguns (even though I primarily shoot rifles and haven't touched my Saiga 12 in over a year). There's just something appealing about not having to rack the action.

From what I've seen and read, and Jerry's endorsement, seems like a winner. He seems like a real great guy. I'd have bought one already if could convince myself to spend the money irresponsibly, I've been focusing on the house and getting things ready for baby #1 on the way.

Pattern it with your ammo and see what the spread and distance look like.

Great shotgun, enjoy.
I have a 930 Thunder Ranch and I love the thing. I added a two round extension for 6 + 1 rounds, but my 590 still holds a place of honor.

To Tackti-cool for me, but I'm an old fool that likes wood and steel pumps for bird hunting and side by side coach guns for home defense. I guess if I was playing the 3 gun game it would be one to consider.

That would have been cool....:D

But when I went , we were using the M21 and the then newly issued M24 rifles.
( My favorite for this purpose is the M21 :D )
And can you imagine the "gunk factor" of black powder through a gas operated rifle...? :eek: :D
Andy
The only reason that he used those dirty new rifles is because his unit was complaining that he was giving away their position with a big cloud of black smoke :s0006:

Looks verrrry businesslike. I have a now-ancient 500 20" 8 rounder from the 70s. As you said, a semi would be rather nice. Wonder if Mossberg is considering a bullpup. Or an semi-shockwave. As is, it's a great defense weapon.

There are parts I love and parts I don't. I prefer a more streamlined image without a pistol grip or rails BUT I've always thought the 930 family was a good looking bunch

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top