JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mossberg 930 SPX

1E5BDA43-9873-4013-A591-E083A1539EB0.png

Before we get too much more along in this thread....
Lets remember two things :
Rule Number One...Be excellent to each other
And...
If you ain't got nothin' nice to say...its best not to say anything.

To the OP :
While the shotgun pictured ain't my cup of tea...I hope you enjoy your new firearm.
Perhaps a range report might also be of interest to some here.
Andy

Before we get too much more along in this thread....
Lets remember too things :
Rule Number One...Be excellent to each other
And...
If you ain't got nothin' nice to say...its best not to say anything.

To the OP :
While the shotgun pictured ain't my cup of tea...I hope you enjoy your new firearm.
Perhaps a range report might also be of interest to some here.
Andy

Andy, I didn't know an invitation to discussion warranted a disclaimer.

As far as the shotgun. I've been interested in getting one of those for some time now. I've liked semi auto shotguns (even though I primarily shoot rifles and haven't touched my Saiga 12 in over a year). There's just something appealing about not having to rack the action.

From what I've seen and read, and Jerry's endorsement, seems like a winner. He seems like a real great guy. I'd have bought one already if could convince myself to spend the money irresponsibly, I've been focusing on the house and getting things ready for baby #1 on the way.

Pattern it with your ammo and see what the spread and distance look like.

Great shotgun, enjoy.
I have a 930 Thunder Ranch and I love the thing. I added a two round extension for 6 + 1 rounds, but my 590 still holds a place of honor.

To Tackti-cool for me, but I'm an old fool that likes wood and steel pumps for bird hunting and side by side coach guns for home defense. I guess if I was playing the 3 gun game it would be one to consider.

That would have been cool....:D

But when I went , we were using the M21 and the then newly issued M24 rifles.
( My favorite for this purpose is the M21 :D )
And can you imagine the "gunk factor" of black powder through a gas operated rifle...? :eek: :D
Andy
The only reason that he used those dirty new rifles is because his unit was complaining that he was giving away their position with a big cloud of black smoke :s0006:

Looks verrrry businesslike. I have a now-ancient 500 20" 8 rounder from the 70s. As you said, a semi would be rather nice. Wonder if Mossberg is considering a bullpup. Or an semi-shockwave. As is, it's a great defense weapon.

There are parts I love and parts I don't. I prefer a more streamlined image without a pistol grip or rails BUT I've always thought the 930 family was a good looking bunch

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top