JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a 1902 dated Carl Gustafs short rifle.

View attachment 522799

It has the Husqvarna T marked rear sight and shoots almost point of aim at 100 yds. Every other marking is Carl Gustafs. Strangely, or not, the yellow decal is on upside down. No...upside down to the shooter trying to read it while shooting.

I think you'll find that it shoots precisely to the point of aim at 100 METRES.

The USA is one of the few countries that is clinging on to the old imperial system - Sweden went metric well over a hundred years ago...even though the advice for shooting the 'torped' bullet [spitzer] is still in ''stricks. where noted.

I've just come home from my usual Wednesday morning on the range, having taken my 1898 CG for an outing with a new-to-me load - DO NOT COPY THIS LOAD IN YOUR m/96 WITHOUT WORKING UP TO IT!! IT IS SAFE IN MINE, BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE IN YOURS!!!!

The load is 36gr of Vihatvuori N150 - CCI #200 LRPs - I am v. happy.

1568208385113.png

I've just come home from my usual Wednesday morning on the range, having taken my 1898 CG for an outing with a new-to-me load - DO NOT COPY THIS LOAD IN YOUR m/96 WITHOUT WORKING UP TO IT!! IT IS SAFE IN MINE, BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE IN YOURS!!!!

The load is 36gr of Vihatvuori N150 - CCI #200 LRPs - I am v. happy.

View attachment 616270
Nice work..! what's your COL and bullet on this load ?

Wash your mouth out, Sirrah. It is not scoped. Being povertous by nature, by inclination,and by dint of a sad combination of reduced circumstances, I do not possess the necessary funds that would otherwise serve to make me the owner of a m/41B.

Here it is -

1568213047236.png
1568213078679.png

It does however, have an old but still capable shooter behind it.

Nor is it a fluke combination of coincidental holes, viz., an earlier group shot with the very last lot of RL17 on this side of the Atlantic - AFAIK. Mind you, there are only four shots here...

1568213228639.png

Wash your mouth out, Sirrah. It is not scoped. Being povertous by nature, by inclination,and by dint of a sad combination of reduced circumstances, I do not possess the necessary funds that would otherwise serve to make me the owner of a m/41B.

Here it is -

View attachment 616279
View attachment 616280

It does however, have an old but still capable shooter behind it.

Nor is it a fluke combination of coincidental holes, viz., an earlier group shot with the very last lot of RL17 on this side of the Atlantic - AFAIK. Mind you, there are only four shots here...

View attachment 616281
I will send you a scope mount and some drill bits so you can tighten up those groups. LOL...
I don't see well enough to shoot groups that tight even if my rifle can over 60M.

I will send you a scope mount and some drill bits so you can tighten up those groups. LOL...
I don't see well enough to shoot groups that tight even if my rifle can over 60M.
Nay! I say nay! No gentleman would dare take a drill to a beautiful old rifle like that!! @Phantom Man I had better not catch wind of you drilling or I'll be forced to take your rifles into protective custody in my gun safe ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top