JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have this old, small, tooled leather gun case that is a perfect fit for my BL-22. It's a great match for a lever gun so I'd like to keep it. The seam has started to come undone and the zipper needs replacing. Does anybody know a good shop to do this type of work?

20220117_165624.jpg

20220117_165558.jpg

20220117_165613.jpg

Thanks!

Try.....

In the past, I've had a belt custom-made for me, by them. My friends from Hawaii also like their products. We make it a point to visit them for our projects.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
If you don't get any hits on a leather-specific shop, find a cobbler in your area, they can repair it.
I recently had a shoe repair guy in Portland, OR replace the zipper on my dress boot. He charged me $10 per inch of zipper. Course, the OP's project is not a boot.

But, I figured I would mention it. Yeah...."repairs" can get expensive.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....of course where YOU decide to take it, is your decision.

I have this old, small, tooled leather gun case that is a perfect fit for my BL-22. It's a great match for a lever gun so I'd like to keep it. The seam has started to come undone and the zipper needs replacing. Does anybody know a good shop to do this type of work?

View attachment 1110129

View attachment 1110128

View attachment 1110127

Thanks!
I'd say any good upholsterer should be able to do it.
Good onya for wanting/trying to fix something nice instead of just buying a new whatever.. and bl22's are awesome. Lol

Buy your own replacement zipper, you possibly could cut the teeth out of the existing zipper and sew straight to the existing tape.

Youtube how to saddle stitch. 2 needles and some decent thread and you're back in biz for a lot cheaper.

That's a beauty DLS. JD's Shoe repair and leather has done multiple repair things for my wife (boots, purse) and she's been real happy. https://www.jdshoerepair.com/

Re: Ted Blocker noted upthread, they are wonderful folks that make excellent product, in fact, my 2 fav belts are Ted Blockers, but not sure they would do this kind of work. You could ask. JD's does exactly this kind of thing. Be ready for a long wait thought, they tend to be backlogged and also get dates pushed out as they'll help walk ins on the spot at times as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top