JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you review the laws, you'll find in many cases, in cities in both Oregon and Washington, it may not be illegal to own a slingshot or bb/pellet gun, but it is definitely illegal to shoot them on your property, if it's inside the city boundaries. We live in an unincorporated area (for now, people would like to annex us), where we are far less restricted - in fact, it's technically legal to discharge a firearm on my property, but close proximity of my neighbors and the very 'gray area' of the law that states that it's legal so long as it presents no hazard to persons or property, prevents me from ever attempting to do so.

It's a good idea to know the law where you live. You could get yourself in trouble for doing something seemingly innocent.

Seems that I remember the recent jumble of WA laws stating something like: a firearm is defined as something that discharges a projectile as a result of an explosive charge.

Don't hold me to that definition. There are others on the Forum who would have this at their fingertips.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top