JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need a load with 147 or 150gr fmjbt.... My gal get me this powder but never used in my powder dump, prefer ball powder . Don't want to hurt her feelings and sell it. Anyone have a pet load for this combo????

Thanks. Forgot to say its for 308
Guys

I use it in my M1 Garand exclusively. But the loads for that may be way different than your rifle. If you change your mind and wish to sell it, I'll gladly take it off your hands so you can buy the powder you want.

IMR 4895 is what is most commonly used for 30/06 in the M-1. It will not exceed the gas port pressure that can damage a M-1 Garand.
Typically the 147s will not group as well as the 150s. As always check loads with a loading manual. Loads I have used for the 30/06
150 grain and LC brass is 48 grains. Start with 46 and work up looking for signs of pressure. You don't say what cartridge you are
reloading for. 30/06 or 308? I have tried many different powders for the 30/06 and 308. I have found that IMR 4064 works the best
and IMR 4895 a very close second.

It's my first choice for my M1 as well. I use a Hornady powder measure. It works pretty well, occasionally i get a hang up.(from the stick powder)

I don't remember off the top of my head exactly what charge I use, 44.5gr under a Hornady 150gr? Not at home, but it's something close to that.

IMR 4895 works OK with a powder measure but is prone to the same issues as all stick powders have. Hard to get loads super accurate. I and most of those I know, will just dump a charge that's just a 'tenth' or so less than desired and either add a pinch or trickle the last little bit.

Unless you use an auto dispenser like the RCBS chargemaster charges from a regular "powder dump" can bee a little erratic. More like Factory ammo.

I use a powder thrower specifically set to throw a lighter charge than I want, then use a powder trickler to finish it off. I do one at a time. Once I save up some more mad money, I'll get a Chargemaster Combo.

I use a powder thrower specifically set to throw a lighter charge than I want, then use a powder trickler to finish it off. I do one at a time. Once I save up some more mad money, I'll get a Chargemaster Combo.

I do this as well.

I use H4895 (Not the same obviously, but similar) in my M1 Garand and my SCAR. Both with the .30 150 gr FMJBT bullets.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top