JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,

I'm interested in filing my form1 to build my first suppressor... I live in Portland city 97212 and I was wondering if anyone knew is the CLEO for me the chief of police or the multnomah county sheriff? seems like their jurisdiction overlaps.d Anyone go through the process recently in Portland?

thanks!

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll try the sheriff then. will start a new thread once it goes through to document how this process works during lockdown world.

found it

Ah gotcha, thanks for sending, I think I still have to send CLEO a copy of all the paperwork though. Who knows what they do with it, but just want to do everything by the book.

Yep, you just have to send a copy to the CLEO, they are no long involved in the approval process.

^This.

It's an inform at this point. It would be worth calling the sheriff's office to see what all they expect from you, but it should be a simple matter of sending a copy of the submission to them with requisite information. I don't know if atfonline is up or down (depends on which way the wind is blowing) but if you're doing your Form 1 online, once you pay/submit, the site emails you the forms you need to print and send in with your prints/pics to the ATF, and also the copy you send to your CLEO.

WaCo Sheriff's office just had me send it to the same dept that does concealed pistol license processing. Never had an issue on any of my Form 1's.

No, it's the same process for both NFA form types. If you're submitting yourself, you have to do this.
I've not heard this from either SOT FFL that I've purchased from while at great length of conversation on multiple occasions. Please don't take this personally but I'll have to verify that this is still true through other sources. I know at one time it was mandatory but I then heard it was no longer a requirement.

EDIT* After doing the research I realized that it IS a requirement, however, if you purchased your suppressor through Silencershop (or their affiliate shops), which is where I've purchased both of mine, they will send the paperwork to your CLEO for you. That's probably why I didn't have to do it. I'll double check with them to be extra sure.

Last Edited:
The dealer should always do the notification regardless of who they are. It probably doesn't hurt to ask to make sure. If you are doing this on your own it's on you to do the notification.

Last Edited:
The dealer should always to the notification regardless of who they are. It probably doesn't hurt to ask to make sure. If you are doing this on your own it's on you to do the notification.
Should always...be the one to give the notification?

If you are going through a dealer, the dealer should take care of all paperwork necessary, that is part of what you are paying for. In fact, a lot suppressor dealers make it a major part of their advertising to point out they handle this for the customer.

If you are doing a self-serve suppressor acquisition the paperwork is on you.

I live in Portland city 97212 and I was wondering if anyone knew is the CLEO
Seeing as how Antifa always gets a free pass, I would say it's Mayor Tim Wheeler.

Ba-doom, kish! :s0140:

Sorry, the set-up was too prefect to resist.

Last Edited:
If you are going through a dealer, the dealer should take care of all paperwork necessary, that is part of what you are paying for. In fact, a lot suppressor dealers make it a major part of their advertising to point out they handle this for the customer.

If you are doing a self-serve suppressor acquisition the paperwork is on you.
I contacted Silencershop and they confirmed that they sent off that required paperwork. Anyone who uses Silencershop should probably be aware of this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top