Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Who is the best gunsmith in the Portland area for shotguns?

Reactions
I'd like to hear from others who have positive or negative things to say about any of the handful of gunsmiths in or around Portland.

I've got an AYA 4/53 20 gauge that isn't firing right.

Thanks

Reactions
There use to be a place on Divison that repaired shotguns ,IIRC they also had students learning the trade.
Anyway,they were known for excellent workmanship at very agreeable prices.
I will look and see if i still have the buisiness card somewhere.

Reactions
The old boys at the Powder Horn in Forrest Grove couldn't find the problem with my J.C. Higgins 12 gauge, which turned out to be a very simple fix.

Rich's diagnosed the likely problem, and charged me $30.00, but said they couldn't remove the magazine to fix it.

I easily removed the magzazine, cleaned the exhaust ports in the barrel, and it works great! So I got $30 worth of advise. Still not sure why they said they couldn't fix it??

Frog.

Reactions
I googled Moe Bragg, and it appears he runs the Shooters Emporium. However, their website only shows stock repairs and recoil pads. Perhaps he no longer works on the rest of the shotgun???

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online