JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to say that if you run a Red dot sight on a handgun, especially if you compete. Go find a Scott Jedlinski class. I took one a few weeks ago and learned so much. He will make you a faster more accurate shooter with less work than you ever thought was possible.

I've watched a lot of his videos. Crazy how he AIWB carries a G34 with a surefire on it, lol. Its basically a cod piece at that point. He's fast af. The key is perfect presentation and bringing the dot up to your eyes. It took me about 500 rounds to really get the dot thing. I started competing in Carry Optics which rly helped me get faster. I was supposed to fly out to texas and take his class with my cousin until this whole covid thing kicked off

Have to admit, I've spent way more time playing " Where's the dot" than I'd like. Gets easier with practice, dry fire helps.

So, what are his techniques in a general sense? I get the presentation thing and staging the trigger as you press out. He kinda reminds me of how Ron Avery taught the draw and how to minimize wasted motion.

He spends a lot of time not just showing how he builds the grip. He gets into the "why". Lots of discontent body mechanics using his understanding of how the body naturally works from his years of jujitsu.
We did a lot of work on target focused vs sight focused shooting. This is really where the RDS makes its money for you. The techniques I learned really cut my splits between shots. Being able to know exactly where the dot is going to go after the shot and being able to be ready when the dot is where I want it to be.

Good info as I have a red dot on my Canik Rival. Haven't been able to shoot it much due to back issues, but I'm hopping things will change this summer. I love hw this pistol shoots, and the first time is shot it all I can say is wow.

There is no need to aim.

1684512784959.png

Aloha, Mark

PS......since this is suppose to be about "handguns".
1684513402940.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews