JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never trained anyone but I would imagine it depends entirely on the trainee and their ego. No doubt there are lots of people who have never touched a gun in their life and would do well in a training session, I also think there are lots people who grew up around guns and have a lot of experience with them that would make phenomenal students in some kind of formal gun school.

Gun owners and want to be gun owners.
Deplorable.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I have no experience with either paintball or gaming. I'm curious. Are there any serious studies that show whether either of these improve a persons abilities with or speed of learning with real firearms?

The easiest person to teach is someone who is willing to learn. I have taught law enforcement here in Oregon, in Alaska and in the military. Some of the hardest people to teach are the most highly skilled, but well never get better without open mindedness to instruction. When teaching at dpsst, a lot of females struggle with the physical stress from a week of loading mags, 3 to 500 rounds a day and moving to and from cover. A lot of men do fine with the pocus aspect, but have horrible fundamentals. Both are easy to fix through training, but only if the student is open minded.

Yep!
With 5 kids I've taught many others to shoot and reload ammo. Girls are open minded and not set out trying prove anything. works the same teaching farm equipment for summer jobs.
I teach driving manual transmission also. Same thing, young girls are the best students. I attribute it to Lack of Machismo. They truly Don't believe they already "know", and truly Believe they can Learn.

Joe

A young woman with children. They tend to follow directions if given correctly and also have the patience to do what the instructor tell them.

The hardest to train in my opinion is the macho guy who shows up at a site in service with a Win .300Mag They tend to shoot 3 rounds get within 4" of the bull at 100 yards off the bench realize their choice of firearm is no fun to shoot and their shoulder hurts so actually getting on target is not a big deal.

YMMV

Who is easier to train?

An APE. (Don't get any racist ideas.) WAIT, Wait, wait.....I mean an actual APE (or more correctly a Chimpanzee).

Be it known.....that I was NEVER referring (in a derogatory way) to the......

BUT, But, but......giving a firearm to an Ape/Chimpanzee? Yeah.
Cant_fix_stupid.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I was told when I enlisted that what I though I knew about shooting wouldn't count for dick when I got the the range and received the proper instruction in shooting the Military way, I took that to heart and when that day came, I was all ears and it showed when the scores came in, 40/40 on the initial, 199/200! That score was a part of what led to my selection for additional training where I was then offered a training slot with the big boys! Like in the Corps, your shooting score is at the top of the list, right along side how many jumps you have, your P.T., and Training scores!
I had lots of trouble shooting pistol, especially qualifying close enough to minimum score, my brain just didn't agree with what my eyes were telling me, and that took extra training from an instructor who saw the value in taking the time to train me for my job, it wasn't easy, I burned lots of ammo, but I learned and eventually shot a perfect score and got to keep my job that I had trained the last 24 months for!

Teenage girls with little or no shooting experience. I help coach a junior precision air rifle team. The girls listen better than the boys. The inexperienced shooters do not try to muscle the rifle as much when in the sling.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top