JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a G36 and am planning on giving it a try as a primary carry gun. Been carrying 1911's for years but they seems to get a little heavier every day or perhaps I am just getting order.

Anyways looking for some holster suggestions. What are you G36 guys using for IWB?

Thanks

Andy

Not a 36, but I carry my G30sf in a Milt Spark VMII. Very comfortable and secure. But I guess recommending a Milt Sparks isn't exactly adding much new information, huh? I have carried with a blade tech IWB, but that was pretty uncomfortable.

VMII are super nice and I definitely prefer that style of holster. But don't want to wait 6-7 months for one. Perhaps after I decide it keep it in the carry rotation. Would be nice to find something more readily available and in the $50 - $70 range.

Andy,

Be aware that with in the pants carry you have to be extra careful with the glocks. It's easy to get your cover garmet caught in the trigger resulting in an AD. That being said the best holster I would recomend is made by Hansons Holsters of Lincoln City.

It is made with a single holder on the belt with a double snap. It has a re-enforced top so it won't close after you draw the gun. It is smoothe out so it won't irritate you if you carry it all day. The fit is so good you don't need any safety straps.

Best ITPC holster bar none.

jj

Do you know if Hansons Holsters has a website?

Thanks for the heads up... I can here it know "I told you that you would shoot your self in the butt one day" (as my wife would say)

I carry a G26 in a Comp-Tac MTAC. Very comfortable holster, even with my not-so-compact USP .45 Compact it conceals well and remains comfortable. Some people say the retention on it isn't tight enough, but I've done a lot of moving around and haven't had a problem yet.

They're a little more expensive at $80, but in my mind worth it. The Spartan is essentially the same only less the leather backing over the t-nuts and less money. Great customer service as well. Placed my order on a Friday and it shipped the following Tuesday, had it by Friday that week even though their website claimed a 7-day production time.

They carry real nice in a Crossbreed super tuck. Comfort, easy draw and reholster and in that price range. DoubleTap turned me on to these a while back, he carries a 36 in one as well.

+1 on the Comp-Tac products. I carry a G27 most of the time in an MTAC, and also carry a G30SF in an MTAC.... They are both very concealable, and extremely comfortable. Wearing a T-Shirt under your outer garment definitely makes it more comfy though. Good luck.
With the colder weather setting in, I have been carrying with an Aker Flatsider also. Certainly not as concealable as the MTAC, but it is crazy comfortable. Good luck.
Oh ya, about the Kydex. I think it wears on the gun less than the leather holster does. my $0.02.

Up until today..I carried my 36 in a Crossbreed Supertuck.. Excellent holster.. As for finish wear..mine was Hardchromed..and that finish DOES NOT wear.. But..my experience has been that kydex is no harder on a finsh than leather..and holds it's shape better..unless you want to get serious..and go Horsehide..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top