JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not much of either, though I did pick up a cool old Tokarev pistol recently, and a nice lifetime supply of .30 carbine brass. :)

I really need to get on the ball and thin the herd dramatically while prices are high. My plan is to seriously trim the collection and get rid of a bunch of stuff, and use most of that money for medical bills. If I do well enough, I'll set some aside to pick up a couple guns I've always had my eye on but never owned. On the top of that list is a decent shooter-grade Trapdoor Springfield, and a S&W model 31. My wants are few and my needs are simple. :)

I neither "need" anything in the way of firearms or ammo, nor do I need to sell into an overvalued market. I bought for my use while prices were low, and see no reason to gamble by selling now and hoping for lowered prices in the future, which I think will come. I shoot mostly .22LR - I have 30,000 rounds of high quality ammo and I'm 75 - I think I'm good. I have several thousand rounds of each of 9mm and .45ACP - which I shoot from time-to-time - so, again, I think I'm good. Finally, I can load 1,000 plus rounds of .260 Remington - my last caliber - have the brass, powder, projectiles and primers, so still good. The profit of low to mid thousands of dollars from selling part of my reserves is, frankly, meaningless at this point in my journey. So, no, not buying or selling.

I could drop a firearm or two, but screw it, I'll let my kid thin the herd.

I've been letting go of stuff for a couple of years now. Because of advancing age and changing priorities. Not just guns, everything. One of my pals of decades is doing the same thing back in Penna., he calls it, "Getting ready to die." Pretty grim. But that's essentially what it is. An older euphemism for it was, "Getting your affairs in order." It's particularly prudent for a person who has been a lifetime accumulator. If you are thoughtful, you don't want to saddle your loved ones with the task of dealing with a bunch of stuff they don't know anything about. They'd rather have money, I expect. Or if you're single and don't have family to leave it to, find a deserving friend with the same interest to leave it to. Someone younger. You'd make their day.

As far as firearms and ammo goes, I never have and never will sell or trade them away. It got burned into my brain the hard way in Vietnam that it's a BAD idea to provide anything that can be used against you to anyone you don't know and trust completely. I can't count the number of US issued rifles, pistols, hand grenades, Claymore mines, ammunition, etc. that we recovered after firefights that were being used against us. That philosophy has served me well insofar as the last few "shortages" are concerned as I'm not in need of anything for the foreseeable future.

Not buying at crazy inflated prices and don't care to sell at crazy prices. What is invested in my "stuff' isn't for me to realize. Other than the pleasure it gets me now. It's value is to be realize by someone else when I'm gone. If I want to look at cash I'll go to the bank.

Last Edited:
I sold my AR50 and its ammo last year.

I also sold some (~2K rounds IIRC) 7.62x51 ball ammo in rubber "body bags" (200 round battle packs).

I sold some (450 rounds?) collectible Black Talon .45 ACP ammo.

I have used the $ from that to buy mostly self-defense ammo for various calibers. Got some decent deals.

I generally only buy self-defense ammo and only if it is a reasonable price - so not very often now. That and the fact that I have most of the ammo I want need.

Ditto with guns for the most part.

Add on the fact that I am retired/unemployed and living on a reduced fixed income...

I haven't kept close track of what I spent since last year, but I think I spent more than I took in selling what I felt I didn't need anymore.

I can't think of anything I have that I want to sell now. I do have a few calibers I would like to add to, but I can easily wait until ammo is reasonable again.

I'm not selling anything.

I bought myself a nice Henry rifle for Christmas, and am 'topping off' with a few minor accessory-type items for various guns as I think of it.

Selling some (not advertising) but only to long time members who come up needing things, but at pre panic prices. Some people get caught off guard buying a long wanted firearm in a caliber they are new to and need a little to get started. I have given stuff away also, makes their day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top