JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the guns I need for now. Spare parts, extra mags, proper slings, cases and tools for the most part this year. Opportunistic on ammo when it works out. Increasing my local networking so I know who the other shooters are. Getting stainless steel parts to back up the nylon and whatnot in my pistols.

Optics options are probably next on the list

I have gone a slightly different route. I have been buying out of print reloading manuals (some of them way, way, way out of print) and primitive reloading hand tools both for shot shells and metallic cartridges. I take a lot of pleasure in refurbishing these old tools and loading ammunition with them.

Ill buy when needed. I've kept my eye out for guns I've wanted where prices aren't crazy inflated. My LGS has been pretty good about not pricing anything to out of the ball park. Did buy some primers, because I got dangerously low, but have been able to score online at times at normal prices.

I recently purchased a revolver I had been wanting to get for a few years. After watching the prices continually climb and Smith and Wesson stop chambering in 45 Colt I bought one at auction for a lot more than I wanted to pay for it. At least I was finally able to tell my friends at Lobo to start making a holster for the little beast.

At least now I finally have a 625-6, 45 Colt, Mountain Gun to go along with the 686 snubbie I have had for decades. I wanted one in 45 Colt instead of 44 Mag as I have a lever action rifle in Colt and a lot of brass in that caliber. Even though I am set up to load 44 Magnum I have not done so in 40 years.

I've been letting go of stuff for a couple of years now. Because of advancing age and changing priorities. Not just guns, everything. One of my pals of decades is doing the same thing back in Penna., he calls it, "Getting ready to die." Pretty grim. But that's essentially what it is. An older euphemism for it was, "Getting your affairs in order." It's particularly prudent for a person who has been a lifetime accumulator. If you are thoughtful, you don't want to saddle your loved ones with the task of dealing with a bunch of stuff they don't know anything about. They'd rather have money, I expect. Or if you're single and don't have family to leave it to, find a deserving friend with the same interest to leave it to. Someone younger. You'd make their day.

^^^

This!

Cate

As always....Buy or sell what you want , when you can afford to do so.

With that said...
I haven't been buying as much , 'cause times are tight.
But with that said...
I am inline for a promotion at work , starting next September....so after bills and other responsible acts of finance are taken care of....I will have a bit more "fun" money on hand....:D
Andy

I want to trade beretta 84 for beretta 87

Welcome to NWFA. We've got a great "Classifieds" section, with a "Want To Buy" section included.

Also a new members section at the top of the forums where you could introduce yourself, tell us what kind of guns your into, etc.

I've been buying and selling ammo somewhere between old and new prices on this forum. I sell what I had stocked up on to purchase what I didn't stock up on, so it works out.

Also buying a few guns I wasn't allowed to buy in old state now that I'm here.

As far as firearms and ammo goes, I never have and never will sell or trade them away. It got burned into my brain the hard way in Vietnam that it's a BAD idea to provide anything that can be used against you to anyone you don't know and trust completely. I can't count the number of US issued rifles, pistols, hand grenades, Claymore mines, ammunition, etc. that we recovered after firefights that were being used against us. That philosophy has served me well insofar as the last few "shortages" are concerned as I'm not in need of anything for the foreseeable future.

Same here, except I was 10-12 yrs too late for Vietnam, but insert "School of the Americas" in place of "Vietnam" and the same lesson was burned into my pea-brain, too!

o_O

IQqvUNZtSCaxUQdG0d0-HQ.jpeg.jpg
Trades, and cash purchases.

Today.
Good times.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR