JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for someone to install nite sites on my G27.... Is there anyone in the Forest Grove/Hillsboro/Beaverton area that will do it and not charge an arm and a leg? Also what should it cost?
Before you suggest a vice and brass hammer.... Not gunna do that. There isn't a scratch on my gun and I'm not gunna be the cause of the first one;)

Have you tried Al's Gun Shop in Forest Grove (Verboort)? Don't know what he charges, but I've had him do other work for me and it was done well and reasonable priced.

Their phone number is (503)357-2441.

I called Al's.... $40???? I wouldn't think it would cost that much! Plus the cost of the sites he said. I didn't ask if he would install sites I already have.
I don't often get a chance to get to the gunshow... and if I do I always end up farther in debt...lol, but that might be my best option.
Salem is too far for sure....

The Glock Armorers at the "Shows" usually install them for free if you purchased it from them. Keith's I believe was charging $10-20 if not purchased from them.

I wouldn't buy sights off anyone who wouldn't put them on for me for free. That's what I did with my glock when I bought sights for it, and I'd try to do the same again.

It's not hard to install night sights on a Glock, but it can be a little tricky. The rear sight channel tapers from each end and is narrower in the middle. No problem for Glock sights because they are made with a mid-section that crushes slightly when installed. That's why once used they should not be re-installed. Sights, like Trijicons, are solid, so should slide about half-way in before using a sight pusher, otherwise you stand the risk of jamming them before getting them in all the way. You accomplish that by carefully flat-filing the bottom to make them slightly smaller, until they slide 1/3 to 1/2 way in, then use the sight pusher to push them in the rest of the way.

I distrust vendor installation, because if not test fired for accuracy, once you take your gun home and fire it you have no way to adjust the sights if they are off one way or the other. Had it done recently and the sights looked centered, but when I test fired the pistol, it was shooting 4-6 inches to the left at 15 yards. At least that was my justification for buying a sight pusher, an MGW #309. They are about $120 or so. On MGW's recommendation I bought the #309S, then had the pusher part modified so that it can be used for both flat-sided and tapered sights.

If anyone on this forum wants to use it; here's the deal, for Oregon and Washington residents only. PM me for arrangements; I'll give you my eMail address. PayPal me $15: 5 for shipping, 10 for tool rental, I'll send it to you Priority Mail, use it, keep it for a week so you can test fire and adjust the sights, then send it back to me Priority Mail. Oh yeh, I have the front site tool also (a tiny socket wrench), will be included in the box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top