Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

who installs Glock nite sites?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by VWguy69, Oct 22, 2009.

1. VWguy69

VWguy69 Forest Grove, oryGUN New Member

Looking for someone to install nite sites on my G27.... Is there anyone in the Forest Grove/Hillsboro/Beaverton area that will do it and not charge an arm and a leg? Also what should it cost?
    Before you suggest a vice and brass hammer.... Not gunna do that. There isn't a scratch on my gun and I'm not gunna be the cause of the first one;)

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Have you tried Al's Gun Shop in Forest Grove (Verboort)? Don't know what he charges, but I've had him do other work for me and it was done well and reasonable priced.

Their phone number is (503)357-2441.

3. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

4. NorthernBornRebel

NorthernBornRebel Keizer Member

I know Koonce Custom Guns in Salem will install them. Todd is a great guy and EXTREMELY knowledgeable.

5. VWguy69

VWguy69 Forest Grove, oryGUN New Member

I called Al's.... $40???? I wouldn't think it would cost that much! Plus the cost of the sites he said. I didn't ask if he would install sites I already have.
    I don't often get a chance to get to the gunshow... and if I do I always end up farther in debt...lol, but that might be my best option.
    Salem is too far for sure....

6. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

The Glock Armorers at the "Shows" usually install them for free if you purchased it from them. Keith's I believe was charging $10-20 if not purchased from them.

7. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

keiths and northwest armory will install for about 20 bucks if not bought from them

8. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

They typically do it while you wait. I bought Glock sights from them and they installed them for free in about 10 minutes.

9. Zoltan

Zoltan Salem Member

10. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy sights off anyone who wouldn't put them on for me for free. That's what I did with my glock when I bought sights for it, and I'd try to do the same again.

11. ricsha

ricsha Oregon Coast - Lincoln City Member

It's not hard to install night sights on a Glock, but it can be a little tricky. The rear sight channel tapers from each end and is narrower in the middle. No problem for Glock sights because they are made with a mid-section that crushes slightly when installed. That's why once used they should not be re-installed. Sights, like Trijicons, are solid, so should slide about half-way in before using a sight pusher, otherwise you stand the risk of jamming them before getting them in all the way. You accomplish that by carefully flat-filing the bottom to make them slightly smaller, until they slide 1/3 to 1/2 way in, then use the sight pusher to push them in the rest of the way.

I distrust vendor installation, because if not test fired for accuracy, once you take your gun home and fire it you have no way to adjust the sights if they are off one way or the other. Had it done recently and the sights looked centered, but when I test fired the pistol, it was shooting 4-6 inches to the left at 15 yards. At least that was my justification for buying a sight pusher, an MGW #309. They are about $120 or so. On MGW's recommendation I bought the #309S, then had the pusher part modified so that it can be used for both flat-sided and tapered sights.

If anyone on this forum wants to use it; here's the deal, for Oregon and Washington residents only. PM me for arrangements; I'll give you my eMail address. PayPal me $15: 5 for shipping, 10 for tool rental, I'll send it to you Priority Mail, use it, keep it for a week so you can test fire and adjust the sights, then send it back to me Priority Mail. Oh yeh, I have the front site tool also (a tiny socket wrench), will be included in the box.