Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Who here from Portland likes good deals?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joe Link, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

A good friend of mine recently launched a website for Portland folks which allows them to purchase random goods and services at pre-negotiated discounts. Knowing how difficult it is to get a website off the ground, I told him to go ahead and write a little about it and I'd post it here for you deal lovers :thumbup:

2. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Very cool, got it bookmarked. :thumbup:

Kind of like a woot.com, but better. It's local, and you get tiered discounts depending on how many orders are placed. I'll be checking daily!

3. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Awesome idea!

4. usmc0311

usmc0311 Portland Member

$20 for a $40 G.C. to Next Adventure? I'll take it!!

Thanks for the link! I've got it bookmarked!:thumbup:

5. wavo

wavo Portland Member

oh man I just spent $150 at Next Adventure last week. Well either way, I know I"ll be back to get more gear, great deal, great site!

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's great to hear guys! I'll be sure to send Andy this link so he can see your feedback. He's pro-gun too! :)

7. kenr74

kenr74 Oregon Active Member

Looks a lot like groupon.com

Are they related?

8. Andy Vu

Andy Vu Portland New Member

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the support, I hope you enjoy the deals - maybe not today's tanning deal, but we got some other good ones coming up. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

Rock On,

Andy

9. Andy Vu

Hi Kenr74,

Similar concept with the main difference being that Palooz.com wants to support the community and local businesses. Palooz is able to get a lot of quality businesses and establishments over Groupon due to their high costs.

Plus we're local too...:)

All the Best,

Andy

10. wavo

wavo Portland Member

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that this is very cool and legit! I was curious after I purchased a palooz and it said to just bring a copy of the email into the business. Today I went to 'Next Adventure' got a cool compact sleeping bag and binoculars and sure enough they accepted my email printout! I should've bought more! :D

Anyways, very cool, excited for more.

11. Andy Vu

Hi Wavo,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. I have too much fun when I go into that store. I'll be sure to let Joey know when we're having another Next Adventure deal.

Cheers!

Andy

12. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Do they have a lot of stuff? Camping equipment ect..... I need to find a good store. Thanks.

13. Andy Vu

Hi Scott -

The have an incredible amount of camping gear - used and new. It's definitely worth checking out.

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Andy

14. wavo

wavo Portland Member

They have such an amazing selection. Camping gear, clothes, frisbees, seriously practically everything you could want for surviving outdoors. And if they don't have something, go one block over to Andy & Bax (surplus store) and they might have it!

15. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

When is this site coming back up? I really liked the deals and bought a couple of them.

16. Joe Link

Should be soon! I just talked to Andy today.