JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who has the better (locally brewed) beer, Oregon or Washington?

• Oregon

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Washington

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
Figuring that most all of us share a similar passion for firearms, as a first thread offering, how about a little friendly regional banter among friends?

Who has the better (locally brewed) beer, Oregon or Washington? (Apologies, Idahoans need not apply:p).

Let's try and be objective here, and not biased as to where one calls home, OK?

I believe I'll have to recuse myself from this one because I only really drink the hard stuff (gin or tequila) and red wine. The few beers I consume even somewhat commonly are from México. For state pride, I really want to say Oregon, but I've encountered too many terrible microbrews from this state over the decades to do so with any degree of honesty. :s0112:

I think that there are so many micro breweries these days, there are tons of good ones and tons of bad ones in pretty much every state.

The question is which states micro breweries have the dooshiest hipster patrons?

From WA but drink more Oregon beers...What'd I win?

6853GOM.jpg

But do you have to pay an extra dime a can in OR? I about bubblegum myself when I was in Florence last week and paid like $9 for a case of water.
Just bring a couple bags of cans with ya to deposit, then you can get your money back plus some. They don't know where the cans are from! LoL

I said Oregon, because there is a much larger beer culture down here than in washington. Also, Oregon has better Pinot Noir, where as Washington has better Pinot Grigio. Washington also seems to make better bourbon, but there are some good distilleries down here as well. Oregon seems to have better sources for gin as well.

IMHO Idaho has better beer than Washington.
The only beer I can think of from Washington that I like is Olympia (always with a lime).

I'd rather lick a tree than drink some of the stuff called beer in either state.

Just bring a couple bags of cans with ya to deposit, then you can get your money back plus some. They don't know where the cans are from! LoL

I said Oregon, because there is a much larger beer culture down here than in washington. Also, Oregon has better Pinot Noir, where as Washington has better Pinot Grigio. Washington also seems to make better bourbon, but there are some good distilleries down here as well. Oregon seems to have better sources for gin as well.

IMHO Idaho has better beer than Washington.
The only beer I can think of from Washington that I like is Olympia (always with a lime).

gf0415-210564_1.jpg

On that note, these were great commercials back in the day...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top