JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh and just to be clear. I happen to have and LIKE my lee presses. They produce some really good bullets from what I've done. I even reload 5.7x28 on it and they shoot significantly better than factory... and That's one finicky round.

I'm reloading 8x57, 303 brit, 30-06, 5.7x28, and 45 acp... all on a lee press and I've not had one lick of trouble with it.

Why do so many people seem to look down their nose at lee products? I just don't get it. Heck even their powder measure produces nice consistent load weights. So what if it looks cheap? It gets the job done, and done pretty darn well.

OK if you are even thinking about a Lock and Load then find someone with a Dillon 650 and see how superior they are to the hornady.
I have had both and still have the 650.Far better press for a few dollars more.

It's funny how these threads devolve into getting the latest and most expensive geewhiz when the guy is looking to get a turret.
The thing about turrets is that you have to handle the brass the exact same number of times as a single stage and they all (that I know of) flex like a C press (but worse) because that's what they are. All except the Lee Classic cast turret though.. the only auto advance turret and it's an "O" type press.. not a "C"
Lot's of people have them and love them. They can also be easily used as a single stage press, easily handling .375 H&H etc. They're like $100.

http://www.comrace.ca/cmfiles/dillonLeeHornadyComparison.pdf

comprehensive writeup by someone who owned a dillon 650, lee loadmaster, and hornady lock-n-load.

Thats funny cause the biggest difference for me is how much better the primers are fed on the dillon
And the case feed is hands down better than the hornady
And comparing dies is mute cause they all fit each other's press

Now as far as the turret presses,I don't know because the single stage works about as fast

.Now as far as the turret presses,I don't know because the single stage works about as fast
Except the Lee.
Let's take handgun reloading using four dies. With a Lee, you put the case in and take it out after four cranks of he handle to get a loaded round. With another turret or single stage, you have to also pull the handle four times but put the brass in four times and take it out four times (batching).. or with the turret, you can manually rotate the turret four times for each round but I don't think hardly anyone does that.. it'd be slower than batching I think.

Maybe you don't understand the Lee.. It's a SS O type press.. many prefer an O type SS for rifle/accuracy rounds.. that auto advances if you like.

i understand -- i just never saw any real evidence that a SS produced any more accurate ammunition than a progressive, so I don't understand why anyone would want to waste time with a SS.

I chose a turret over a ss. I think they are close to the same, but the turret holds more dies. Progressive is on a whole different level. I do like having my turret set up with the same dies as what I'm running in the progressive just in case I need to expand, get a better crimp, etc. It's nice to have options.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top