JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did you get and instant approval?

• CHL + Gun purchase in last 12 months = instant approval.

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • CHL + NO gun purchase in last 12 months = instant approval.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Drivers License + Gun purchase in last 12 months = instant approval.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Drivers license + NO gun purchase in last 12 months = instant approval.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • CHL + Gun purchase in last 12 months = NO instant approval.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • CHL + NO gun purchase in last 12 months = NO instant approval.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drivers License + Gun purchase in last 12 months = NO instant approval.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Drivers license + NO gun purchase in last 12 months = NO instant approval.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
I am just curious who is getting instant approvals, not that it matters a whole lot any more. My theory is that it is related to how long ago they last ran a background check on you.

Please feel free to put in your post if you supplied a SSN and whether or not you have a common name or a name that is pretty unique.

Me,
Instant approval with:
CHL.
1 gun purchase in last 12 months before my latest instant approval.
Supplied SSN.
Quite unique name.

I am just curious who is getting instant approvals, not that it matters a whole lot any more. My theory is that it is related to how long ago they last ran a background check on you.

Please feel free to put in your post if you supplied a SSN and whether or not you have a common name or a name that is pretty unique.

Me,
Instant approval with:
CHL.
1 gun purchase in last 12 months before my latest instant approval.
Supplied SSN.
Quite unique name.
I have a CHL
When I spoke this past weekend with the nice lady at NW Armory in Milwaukie, she implied that Instant approval was a direct function of how unique your First + Last name were in the system. She did not say anything about when someone last purchased.

I have a somewhat odd first name and a very unique last name.
As a result of that combination, the system was able to only have "1" found, and I met the criteria for ownership, so got an instant approval.

[edit - addition]
3.27 people per 100,000 have my first name.
0.00327%

0.02 people per 100,000 have my last name.
So, pretty much instant approval.
[/end]

Jack Waters, as an example, would probably have to wait.
Agador Sprillios would probably not.

Last Edited:
NEVER SSN? Why not? They (the man) already knows what you own right down to the size of your manhood! And believe me brother, it's shrinking everyday under our current POTUS.

CHL, never a SSN, and I've never been delayed.

My boy who is an IT person for a huge corporation says his name and my name are unique, and there are no other people in the world with the same name.

I have in the past, using my CCL. Yesterday however I was number 7554, I did have TWO guns on my 4473 and that could be a factor. One was a Handgun and I took the three 16-round magazines home. The other gun was a bolt action rifle I had on consignment, I can wait without any anxiety

I would have liked to have seen a line in that survey that indicated whether or not you provided your (optional) social security number.
My bet is that NO-One that did not provide a social security number got an instant approval, whereas i would bet that all that did get an instant approval provided the social security number....perhaps i am wrong...but i base that on that the SS# is the single item that allows the fastest check on someone.

I never provide a SSN. I'm ALWAYS instantly approved. I nearly always provide my CHL as ID. On occasion, an FFL that doesn't know better, insists on my drivers license. It just doesn't make any difference, I'm always instantly approved.

CHL, never a SSN, and I've never been delayed.

My boy who is an IT person for a huge corporation says his name and my name are unique, and there are no other people in the world with the same name.
Think of it this way, there are 7.8 billion people in the world, so if you're one in one-million, there are 7,800 people just like you in the world.

Has anyone purchased multiple items over the last month using a chl and ssn for the background check received varying results such as one instant and another not instant? I've provided my chl and ssn and I'm 0/3 on instants. Have two more to complete before dday and hoping for a different outcome.

I think it has to do with your name and if there are any "close matches" with criminals. A Buddy of mine has a unique name and is a 1st gen American who got his citizenship within the last five years. Has gotten instant approval twice in the last month and three instants in the last three years. But has had to wait once.

Apparently I share a name to a police officer here in Oregon, even down to the middle name. It appears we both have good records, LOL. Otherwise my name is super unique, like 1 in 115

I would have liked to have seen a line in that survey that indicated whether or not you provided your (optional) social security number.
My bet is that NO-One that did not provide a social security number got an instant approval, whereas i would bet that all that did get an instant approval provided the social security number....perhaps i am wrong...but i base that on that the SS# is the single item that allows the fastest check on someone.
The number of permutations got too big to include SSN, which is why I requested it be included in any replies. It does appear from the posts above that some background checks have gone through instantly without a SSN which I do find interesting,

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top