JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a holster for my Glock 36 for daily carry. It seems like the usual suspects (Fishermans, Joes, Sportsmens) don't really carry much more than Uncle Mikes gear.

Can anyone recommend a place that has a great selection where I can try as many as possible until I find something that works right for me?

Thanks for the help.

Never been too impressed with Keiths and it is obviously a hot topic based on the thread about them...I prefer to take my business somewhere where I can establish a relationship.

Im in the same situation. Ive been to quite a few stores recently looking for holsters for my Beretta 96, and so far the best place has been Kieths. Havent bought anything yet, but Im thinking of just ordering off the internet because I cant seem to find a good local selection. I dont remember ever having trouble finding decent holsters at a reasonable price, but apparently thats the way it is.

Want a good leather shoulder rig for your pistol? Kieths carries a Galco rig thats pretty nice.....but its $150.00! Doesnt anyone carry Triple K anymore besides the internet? Ill be watching this thread to see whats out there, very curious.

treemanx---I ordered a Galco IWB off the internet. My problem is that it does not fit my needs in that I have to take it off to drive or sit at my desk at work. I want to get one that works and stop having to look and not waste endless amounts on money trying more holsters sight unseen off of the net...

Yeah, I hear ya man. The only other thing that Im gonna try is hitting the next Expo Gun Show the 17th- 19th and try there. They usually have alot of different styles of holsters, thats what Id do if I were you........ Unless someone else knows of someplace locally that has a good selection?

I think most of us that carry daily have a drawer/box full of holsters we bought thinking that we finally found "the one". :s0112: :s0114:

Everyone's needs are different, and the holster your friend says is the most comfortable he's ever worn , will end up chafing you in just the wrong spot. :(

Keep trying, and eventually you'll find one that is just right. I, however, am still looking. :winkkiss:

Last Edited:
SquackDaddy has some wisdom here...I'd like to piggy back on his advice;

Holster selection is like boot selection - don't let style and the "wow" factor be part of your decision making critera. A pair of boots that fits and works for your buddy "Bob" may not work for you - because we're all the same but all different.

I have written quite a tome regarding suggestions for good concealement holsters on our website at www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com. Click on FAQ and then look for the title "What holster should I bring, buy, or use for self-defense?" You might find some valuable tips here.

What do you think of Fobus paddle holsters? I like them pretty well, but haven't tested them extensively in various movements and speeds of movement. I tried a belt holster once, and I concluded that the holster wasn't made of strong enough material because the pistol, when holstered, would lean away from my body.

I have a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster for my M&P .45, with the retention button on the side. It is a great holster, but Ive worried what the hard kydex plastic will do over time to the finish on my pistol. So far, it has been great, but with everyday wear, will the plastic wear the bluing quicker than leather? I guess we'll see.

But I did finally go and buy a nice leather holster for my Beretta 96 today at Kieths Sporting Goods. So far, I think this will be a great consealed carry set-up. I bought a Galco Cop Series low/high leather holster, and got the Galco Cop Series single mag pouch as well. After initially putting the gun in, and holster on, it feels like it will be just what I was looking for, for this pistol. The down side was the $72.00 total price for both, but that wasnt even as bad as it could have been. Overall I think Ill be happy with the Galco.

I love my blackhawk serpa. It keeps everything nice tight, the gun definately isn't going to come out til the release button is pressed which is the #1 reason I bought it; I've been in some awckward positions when hunting, you never know. Obviously it would only be for OC though, sticks out to far to use for concealed carry

The answer for me has not been a single holster nor a single pistol/revolver.

Depending on the weather or the clothes, it might be a 1911 in a Miami Classic shoulder holster under a jacket, it might be a Blackhawk SERPA on a belt for the Glock 21, it might be the S&W Bodyguard .38 in a DeSantis Nemesis in the right-front pocket, it might even be a Galco Concealable on a belt for the S&W 638 snubby.

The only holster I bought that has been used once was the Galco S.O.B. for the .45, dang if that didn't work for sitting and driving at all. Good for standing but that was it!

So if I had to narrow it all down to "the one" I don't think I could, because nothing works for everything as far as I know.

Northwest Armory on McGloughlin doesnt have too bad a selection. What I do like about them though, is that they dont have just the uncle mikes and cheap blackhawk stuff. They carry Galco as well. I am in search of the perfect one as well, and they have had the last THREE holsters I bought in stock..... ugh.... Im going to yet another victim to the "Holster Drawer" arent I?
Hope this helps.

I think Kieths has the best selection, and I'm a Lefty, but most of my Holsters have been ordered through Ted Blocker in Tigard as mentioned above. Quality product, quality people and very reasonable priced for the quality. I only use 2 holsters that are not Blockers and all my carry holsters are Blockers. Good luck in your search.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top