JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a build I did, sorry pic sucks and the 8" target from my first trip sighting it in with factory ammo at 100yds.
I was satisfied with it since I'm not a great rifle shooter, have terrible eyes, and I get to the range only 2-3 times a year.

This is a Stag 24" stainless steel bull barrel. And it's HEAVY.
Vltor MUR upper, RRA lower, stock trigger, and Magpul fixed stock.
I have a Bushnell scope. Nothing special.

I would like to get a better trigger in it and spend some time actually shooting it to see what it could do.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I didn't build one, but I bought a Stag Model 6. 24" stainless heavy barrel 1 in 8" twist, free floated hand guard, 2 stage competition trigger, hogue grip and forend. It is pretty nice and shoots surprisingly well even with light 40 gr bullets. I am still working up "heavy metal" handloads for long range. I do have some loaded with Nosler 69 gr BTHP's that are showing potential. It wears a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X scope with 30mm tube and Mil-Dot reticle. It should be fun once I find a good 500 yard + range.

I bought one too! A box stock Colt H-BAR added an ErgoGrip and Leupold 2-7 gold ring scope.
One half MOA any old time!:D

Did you try B&B Armory on E Evans Ck. by Sams Valley? They are a distributor for Noveske. I'm in GP also.
Thanks for the input, Noveske is coming out their gen 2 N6 in a few weeks. I got one on my way. b&B is where I got my first suppressor Tac65 :) they are super nice people but they are way too far for my busy schedule. Now i am buying from local like Doc Holidays or Fox firearms.

I put a 24" 5.56 stainless bull barrel from Fulton Armory on my Bushmaster Varminter. It's 1/9 twist and it seems to like everything I put through it. Consistently groups about 1" at 100 yds. I think the gun could do better, but my old eyes can't anymore, even with a good scope.

Built this for sage rat shooting this spring.

Windham Weaponry 20" .223 compass lake barrel kit, PSA slick side upper, Vortex 6.5-20x50mm Viper, Magpul UBR stock, CMC 3.5lb trigger.

Still trying different ammo to see what shoots the best the most consistently. Shoots sub MOA with Hornady Match 75gr BTHP.

20160110_115639.jpg

I had a 20" SPR a while back. Heavy and did well for sitting in the desert waiting for Coyotes. Bought a remington 700 in 223 and never looked back.

Only reason I would build another heavy barreled AR15 again would be to use as a bumpsaw.

Not my picture, taken from internet for reference.
sfar.jpg

If I went back to redo mine I would get a 20" threaded barrel.

I don't hand load and don't plan to, but if getting tight groups or going long distance with a smaller caliber that's the only way to ensure superior accruracy and distance.

This is my Long range set up.

Aero lower
Aero upper
Aero 15" hand guard
Aero BCG
20" ballistic advantage heavy barrel 1:8
Magpul CTR AND MOE+ grip in FDE
Polished milspec trigger with JP springs breaks at 3.7lbs
Leupold mount 30mm
Falcon menace 4-14x44 FFP
Harris BRM
Keg muzzle device (can't remember brand)
Seekins Adjustable gasblock

100 yards it'll destroy the center of a 2 inch dot with rapid follow up shots, not slow shooting.

Ammo it likes is 69gr.

image.jpeg

The USMC has an M16A4 that they put match ammo in and mounted an ACOG on top with and they were getting hits out to 800 meters with that set up.

That is my next build. That bullet is reaching the end of it's performance envelope past that distance anyway.

The plus is I can carry a poop-ton of bullets for it versus .308

Got out to eastern OR yesterday for some rat shooting. Love the new build/setup. Really nice having semi auto for those rapid follow up shots. Got a nice confirmed kill out at the 350 yard mark which almost doubles the effective range of the 17HMR I've used in the past, especially in the wind.

20160323_112022_resized_1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads