JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Kruel J To explain my personnel background with the use of firearms. I am not just pulling crap out of
something I read on the web. Years of experience of being around other shooters. $hit happens people miss handling guns,
ADs , NDs, Stuck cases, jammed firearms, messed up reloads. I believe in following the basic rule number one that I
have taught in Hunters Ed. Mind your muzzle. You go ahead stuff that loaded pistol down the front of your pants pointed at your
crotch. You like Chevy's I like Ford's. Who cares? Everyone has personnel preferences.

Understood. I'm not going to explain my personal background of firearm usage cuz this is the internet and nobody really cares.

The OP asked about a specific Glock model and other members experiences with it.

My point? If someone wants to add to this thread their experience and thoughts on the G45 cool. If they just want to beat the dead horse about ergos, Glock vs M&P or how AIWB breaks the "safe handling" rules there's already plenty of threads to do that in.

Well to redirect this, I won't go on a tirade about how when carried anywhere else but appendix, every other inside the waist band holster still points the muzzle at your thigh where your femoral artery lives. I also won't mention that if untouched by humans- a gun won't go off by itself. Instead I'll say that the Glock 45 is a great choice for many carry positions, offers an easily concealable but full-size grip. It is plenty accurate at 50 yards if you do your part and maintains the typical Glock manual of arms- so you're not hunting for a switch or lever. It is ambidextrous, as a lefty I appreciate this. If you shoot with a high support hand as I do, you'll often keep the slide lock from engaging on the last round. Kagwerks in Camas makes an extended slide lock/release lever that's made my gun function 100% without making me change my grip. Also- front cocking serrations are useful. Would totally recommend.

Well to redirect this, I won't go on a tirade about how when carried anywhere else but appendix, every other inside the waist band holster still points the muzzle at your thigh where your femoral artery lives. I also won't mention that if untouched by humans- a gun won't go off by itself. Instead I'll say that the Glock 45 is a great choice for many carry positions, offers an easily concealable but full-size grip. It is plenty accurate at 50 yards if you do your part and maintains the typical Glock manual of arms- so you're not hunting for a switch or lever. It is ambidextrous, as a lefty I appreciate this. If you shoot with a high support hand as I do, you'll often keep the slide lock from engaging on the last round. Kagwerks in Camas makes an extended slide lock/release lever that's made my gun function 100% without making me change my grip. Also- front cocking serrations are useful. Would totally recommend.

Mind sharing a link or something? I too am lefty and I too shoot with a high support hand so I ride the ambi slide lock.

Mind sharing a link or something? I too am lefty and I too shoot with a high support hand so I ride the ambi slide lock.

984D0D35-8572-4BB9-98DC-67B9573D5A0A.png

I shoot lefty as well. I took the ambi slide lock out and just chopped the one side off and filed it down. Otherwise I would always engage it halfway through the mag. I'm so used to Gen 3 and Gen 4 that it doesn't bother me.

I shoot lefty as well. I took the ambi slide lock out and just chopped the one side off and filed it down. Otherwise I would always engage it halfway through the mag. I'm so used to Gen 3 and Gen 4 that it doesn't bother me.

Same! I don't even switch the mag release. Too used to shooting "right handed" guns.

Just saw a Davidson's Glock 45 with custom stippled frame/grip and cerakote in FDE with Ameriglo night sights. Cool looking gun and the grip was really aggressively textured. Even though I have relatively small hands, it felt good and stable to hold. Not cheap, but I'm considering it. Anyone carry one of these at least some of the time? Forgot to take a photo of of course. I think I'm going back on Monday to have another look see...
It was like this...
View attachment 653816
I carry my Glock 45 daily. It's stock except for a steel guide rod and Trijicon HD XR nite sights. I own a number of Glocks and it's my favorite.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top