JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just saw a Davidson's Glock 45 with custom stippled frame/grip and cerakote in FDE with Ameriglo night sights. Cool looking gun and the grip was really aggressively textured. Even though I have relatively small hands, it felt good and stable to hold. Not cheap, but I'm considering it. Anyone carry one of these at least some of the time? Forgot to take a photo of of course. I think I'm going back on Monday to have another look see...
It was like this...
ACG-00860.jpg

Just saw a Davidson's Glock 45 with custom stippled frame/grip and cerakote in FDE with Ameriglo night sights. Cool looking gun and the grip was really aggressively textured. Even though I have relatively small hands, it felt good and stable to hold. Not cheap, but I'm considering it. Anyone carry one of these at least some of the time? Forgot to take a photo of of course. I think I'm going back on Monday to have another look see...

I EDC one. It's on me as I type this.

They also had this G19. I am in the minority I think, because I like the feel of the Gen 4 finger grooves. It makes it feel more stable in my smallish hands. I also like the laser stippling that Davidson's does. This one wasn't as good of deal since it only came with factory sights.
ACG-00893.jpg

Slide length is the same on both the 19 and the 45, so you'll have the same sight picture/radius. The 45 has the longer grip and capacity of the longer magazines that the 17 uses.
It is up to you, the shooter, what fits you best. Like you said, the 19 has the finger groves. I like those better than the non-groves on the Gen 5 frames.....so. I am stuck on Gen 4 and Gen 3 Glocks.
FWIW, you could always add one of those extended baseplates that add an extra round or 2. Pearce grip makes excellent polymer ones, as does Glock.

Appreciate everyone's comments pro and con. Kind of funny, I posted a similar thread on Glocktalk and save for a few kind souls the majority felt the need to be demeaning and super critical of the appearance of the gun. I really don't care and don't have thin skin, but it was unusual to me how serious some are about their opinions on the merits of the pistol based solely on its appearance. I realized the looks aren't for everyone or even most if it's not black, but it was funny (strange) none the less...

Appreciate everyone's comments pro and con. Kind of funny, I posted a similar thread on Glocktalk and save for a few kind souls the majority felt the need to be demeaning and super critical of the appearance of the gun. I really don't care and don't have thin skin, but it was unusual to me how serious some are about their opinions on the merits of the pistol based solely on its appearance. I realized the looks aren't for everyone or even most if it's not black, but it was funny (strange) none the less...

Well, although it isn't my cup of tea, I say buy what you like. The G45 to me is the perfect EDC.

If you don't mind sharing, do you carry your G45 IWB or OWB mostly? If you want to PM the answer I will delete it. Thanks.

Oh I don't mind answering at all. I carry my G45 IWB in a Cascadia Concealment holster. I have two, one that accommodates a TLR-7 and one that doesn't. I switch back and forth between carrying with the light and without. I'm a lefty, so I carry at 8 o'clock. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top