JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
" Due to the scope and breadth of the collected weapons I think the most likely origin of the weapons is an illegal private collection. It is likely that as Britain's firearms laws changed the collection of live, and in many cases full-auto, firearms became to hot too handle and the collector sadly disposed of their guns in the local river."

:(

Good job England. Firearms that probably saved your country had to be thrown in the river so the owner would not have to go to jail

Sad to have to admit it, but each and every one of my guns is detailed by description and serial number on my Firearms Certificate.

Full-auto firearms were banned/prohibited in the entire UK back in 1926, BTW. They may not be owned by any private individual, but arms dealers, and here I'm not talking about an FFL, may deal in them, gubmint to gubmint. These are the passing small numbers of Section 7 Board of Trade Authorised arms dealers, who move large numbers of this kind of firearm around the world.

In fact, the private possession of ANY full-auto firearm is prohibited throughout entire Europe and Scandinavia.

Bear in mind, also, that we are also subject to surprise checks of our legally-held firearms and ammunition stocks, although they DO have to give you 24 hours notice of intent, and you can see that even legal ownership/possession can be a PITA.

tac

@tac Friends of yours, amigo? :)

Nope.

And, like the man said, I'm amazed that they were not charged with illegal possession, like one poor bugger was a few years back when he found a sawn-off shotgun in his garbage container. He walked it down to the local police station and was arrested on the spot. He got five years for that act of civic uprightness.

Possession of a firearm to which you are not entitled by law is what the legal system here calls an absolute offence. There is no pleading it in court. If you were in possession of it, then you ARE guilty by default. Same for ammunition, even if you have an FAC, that does not match a gun in your possession. That is why although I can show a pal how to reload, I can't do it for him. And don't get me on the expanding/soft-point ammunition thang....

Well, ok. Here's the skinny on that.

My FAC is conditional, that is to say, my 'good reason' for ownership of firearms is solely for target shooting. We do not use soft-point/expanding ammunition for target shooting, right? So I cannot possess said ammunition. However, being found in possession of this horrendous stuff entitles me to five years free vacation and three squares PD, for illegal possession of prohibited ammunition. Prohibited for ME, but not for a game shooter.

Makes sense, right? :(

tac

Sorry Tac, but F England.

They can kiss my Tea throwing arse.

America will be the same sadly before too long.

Why not at least bury some of the weapons in water tight cases somewhere remote.

Never know when a uprising may need done.

Good for you, England. Thanks to a paranoid citizen and a police dive team, you managed to keep those murderous guns out of the hands of criminals. Countless lives were probably saved. Jolly good on you!

Sorry Tac, but F England.

They can kiss my Tea throwing arse.

America will be the same sadly before too long.

Why not at least bury some of the weapons in water tight cases somewhere remote.

Never know when a uprising may need done.
Sounds like Concord Massachusetts, circa 1775... Hiding/burying arms... Then retrieving them April 1775 to engage the oppressors...

Those are bound to clean up as good as new. WTF? Why did the guys call the cops? That I do not understand.

Well, after all my posts on the subject of firearms here in the UK, I'm amazed that you have to ask.

Didn't I mention before that possession of even part of a full-auto firearm can get you 5 - 10 years pokey?

Illegal ownership of guns here in UK, and most of Europe, can be seriously freedom-threatening, to say the least.

tac

I'm only going to write this one more time, and then let it go.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY ON EARTH WHERE THE CITIZEN HAS THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

tac
Yes sir, and if we fail to protect that right, then we, collectively, justly deserve what we get...

I always appreciate your insight. It's refreshing to have your honest and candid responses...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top