JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I WAS interested. I was going to bring a big sign saying, "TAX THE FILTHY RICH!"

Then this morning I discovered that these "tea parties" were primarily organized by Republican operatives to OPPOSE eliminating the Bush tax cuts for the very-wealthy!

The very reason that working stiffs have to pay so much taxes is that the very-wealthy do not pay their fair share.

The irony of them promoting a fake grass-roots movement to PROTECT the very-wealthy from taxes at the expense of the middle class is just too much!..................elsullo :s0054:

I WAS interested. I was going to bring a big sign saying, "TAX THE FILTHY RICH!" ...

The very reason that working stiffs have to pay so much taxes is that the very-wealthy do not pay their fair share.

The irony of them promoting a fake grass-roots movement to PROTECT the very-wealthy from taxes at the expense of the middle class is just too much!..................elsullo :s0054:

While it does sometimes seem like the less wealthy pay an inordinate amount of income tax, the Treasury Department reports that the top 1% of tax payers pay nearly 40% of all income tax paid. The top 5% pay over 60%, the top 10% pay over 70%, the top 25% pay over 85%, the top 50% pay 97% of all income tax. That leaves the lower 50% of income earners paying about 3% of the total income tax flowing to the Treasury. While I suppose they could be lying about it, it appears on the surface that our progressive tax system is VERY progressive and that the people with the most taxable income pay the most income tax - by far.

I WAS interested. I was going to bring a big sign saying, "TAX THE FILTHY RICH!"

Then this morning I discovered that these "tea parties" were primarily organized by Republican operatives to OPPOSE eliminating the Bush tax cuts for the very-wealthy!

From what I saw of the Tea party in Texas and Cali. most of those people look like me. Blue jeans, sweat shirt, baseball cap...no rich folks there.

<broken link removed>

That link has pics of the tea party from all across the nation that took place today. I missed the one in Salem, had to work... wish I could have been there. It's nice to see people are finaly making some movement

Pics:

april 09 tea party 035.jpg

april 09 tea party 039.jpg

april 09 tea party 054.jpg

april 09 tea party 064.jpg

april 09 tea party 062.jpg

I think that a Tar and Feather Party would be more fun:s0131:

I better be careful - I think therefore I could be classified By Janet "reincarnation of Janet Reno" Napiltano of DHS. As a Right Wing Extremist.

Funny POTUS Obama - was unaware of the "tea parties" I guess he is more of Coke Party man anyhow. (Gotta watch thoose words with dual meanings. Yet funny he was telling the Banking CEO's that he was the only thing standing between them and the Pitchfork's and Torches. Yet I guess the Department of Homeland Security briefing on the right wing extremist was vetted as not important.

You know at the rate we are going we could wake up and find ourselves in the USSA (United Socialst States of Amerika") :s0129::s0129::s0129::s0129: Dude wheres my country comrade. Well I know that the news will never report true numbers - but for everyone that showed today I am sure that 20 or 50 wanted to go.

[/RANT OFF]:s0131:

wow, I see the disinformation task force has done there job...The tea party was primarily about the bail outs, stimulus packages, cap and trade, and you know...the whole selling our children into economic slavery thing.

And if you actually think that the protest was about a 3&#37; raise in taxes that millionaires will have to pay, then you are sadly mistaken.

I was at the portland tea party by the way, and every sign that i saw was hand made, not mass produced like certain "corporate sponsored " protests. but i suppose they were all brainwashed by GOP right?

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads