JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You have to be kidding.:huh: How much more should they pay?

Check this out to see how much those working stiffs don't pay.

http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=6

This information is very confusing. Who is being included in the bottom 50%? -- High school students working in the supermarket after school? WalMart greeters? College students? Summer workers? The underemployed? People on minimum wage?

How many people on the bottom don't make enough to actually "owe" anything adding up to much?

On the other hand - check out the income and wealth distribution pie charts on this website http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html
that shows the bottom 80% of people only hold 9% of financial wealth, while the top 5% controls 68% all wealth in this country. Someone could use that to show that the rich pay less than their "fair share".

I agree with elsullo - the rich wanted us to do their protesting for them.

PS I'm do not support Obama.

more from Salem...

3446957118_eaae6860ae.jpg

3446142515_6cce93d49a.jpg

3446142429_2fb8ec568d.jpg

3446141821_c2f0a08d72.jpg

3446114689_dbc2150739.jpg

3446929660_9cd58e5e81.jpg

3446080849_387ab076d1.jpg

THAT'S AWESOME!!!

I soooooo... wanted to go to this, but I'm stuck in Central Oregon auditing the HVAC maintenances of all the Les Scwab Tire stores this week...

I hope Gov. SLEEPY TED, and his sycophantic cronies in the legislature are going to take this to heart... I just shelled out $6,000.00 to the "great" State of Oregon in income taxes (not including my PROPERTY TAXES in October, and Federal taxes this year!!)... and I waited RIGHT UP TO the Apr. 15th postmark deadline to send it in from a Post Office (smaller than my workshop) in the middle of "no where" Central Orgeon so that it HOEFULLY takes it's sweet time getting to them!! I get crappy roads, a bloated Public Employees retirement fund (that's upsidedown), cut-backs in fire/police protection, free health/dental for illegals (and their anchor babies), and "business hostile" conditions for my money....

Yes, The Tea Party is about Far More than just high tax...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/04/tea_parties_about_far_more_tha.html

"Many writers have dubbed the Tax Day Tea Parties as inconsequential, a fad that will die quickly, and of foolish origins that have nothing to do with the American patriots of revolutionary days. Patriots dumped a ship full of tea into Boston Harbor, these folks contend, to protest one thing: taxation without representation. We modern patriots have representation and are therefore insane to protest, or so this line of argument goes.

Folks who believe that the American Revolution was over nothing but taxation -- a penny more for a cup of tea or sugar or any of the other fees and taxes that the British were constantly adding to colonists' backs -- are as dimwitted as was King George in his day. The tea tax may have been the single match that started the fire, but the British had been soaking their American colonies in tyrannical kerosene for a long, long time.

Now, the Tea Parties occurring in the present day may indeed represent a brushfire that quickly extinguishes itself. Only time will tell.

But the message in grassroots Tea Parties today is of exactly the same character as its historical inspiration. The Tea Parties represent a growing anger against encroaching tyranny by a federal government that pays far more heed to billionaire financiers, union bosses, special interest lobbyists, and those on the bottom who pay no income taxes, than it does to all the folks in the middle, who work hard to pay their taxes and all their other bills.

The Tea Parties represent real citizens' anger over watching powerlessly for the past two months as a president, who ran as a moderate to get elected, has taken the fastest, boldest leap to the far left of any president to date. Not only has President Obama upped the ante on the failed policies of FDR and Lyndon Johnson, he has gone on an apology tour of Europe, bowed to a Saudi King, and promised billions more of our hard-earned money to global entities over which we have absolutely no control.

At a time when we Americans in the vast middle write checks to our federal government as we try to balance household budgets already stretched to the max, we read about the Obamas flying in a pizza chef and Michelle hiring her own full-time makeup artist to go with her already full-time hairstylist. We're stunned by a $150-million plus price tag on an inauguration carried out at the same time this president was telling the rest of us we needed to put our "own skin into the game" of saving America from the "worst financial crisis since the Great Depression." We're shocked to see a president using tax dollars to pay for cocktail parties, elaborate entertainment and $100/lb. Japanese steak as he continues his campaigning from the White House.

And we're stuck with a mainstream media complex so in bed with the new administration that they fête us to nonstop commentary on the Obamas' new dog, the swing set on the White House grounds, the organic garden of the new First Lady and the exploits of the first mother in-law. We get stories on Reggie Love, the personal gopher of the president, and how this closest-of-closest intimates to the Commander In Chief, always has Nicorette gum and mints and specialized water for the self-anointed one. We are treated to prime time press conferences galore that are nothing more than scripted campaign stops, complete with pre-selected questioners and not a word spoken by our President without a teleprompting device.

Yet, from these members of the fourth estate, we see next to no interest in this administration's fumbling, bumbling, giveaway foreign policy. We see only the lamest of excuses for the ever-increasing numbers of tax cheats and lobbyists -- handpicked by this "new kind of president" -- filling up the administration. We hear no cries of collusion, even though this president kowtows to labor bosses while he imperiously fires the CEO of GM.

We're told by this same media that we're selfish and rotten if we don't support national healthcare as a new entitlement, and that we're purely fanatical anti-science idiots if we don't support our tax dollars being used to kill babies in the womb and new wave Dr. Megele's experimenting on human beings at embryo stage.

This is the media complex who gives more coverage to a paltry little group of ACORN agitators bussed to an AIG exec's house than it has to the hundreds of genuine grassroots Tea Party protests preceding yesterday's national outpouring. And to top it all off, our own tax dollars go to support the agitating work of the ACORN folks and other leftwing, non-taxpaying groups who believe they are entitled to money they have not earned.

We, in the modern-day Tea Party movement, are being billed by the leftist press as greedy, insane, rightwing zealots who not only hate the poor, the minorities, the women and all the little children, but are now seen as a terrorist threat to homeland security.

Tax Day Tea Parties may merely be the tip of a growing-by-the-day iceberg of anger experienced by millions and millions of Americans who see the overreach of a federal government drunk on its own power. The American people know tyranny when they see it and they see it all around them now, threatening to finally extinguish what little liberty we have remaining."

How many people on the bottom don't make enough to actually "owe" anything adding up to much?

[/SIZE]

My sister, working a minimum wage job with very little hours, earned under $12,000 last year. She paid over $500 in income tax, a little over 4%.
She lived on $11,600.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise, this doesn't appear to be gun related:

9. The "Legal & Political" section is to pertain to firearms only. There shall be no legal & political discussion and/or material outside of the "Legal & Political" section.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads