JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did you grow up with firearms or get interested later in life?

• Since I was a kid.

Votes: 394 86.8%
  • Later in adulthood.

Votes: 60 13.2%

• Total voters
What he means is in Washington they consider any Simi auto gun that hold more than ten rounds a "Assault" wepon.
Lol well that way you have to be 21 to buy one
You mean the "crazy-kid-school-shootings" wasn't enough of a reason to raise the buying age? (like that's going to help:rolleyes:).
...something tells me lobbyists have reared their ugly head on this one.

I'm a little of both, but I didn't start enjoying or have my own gun until adult.

My grandpa was a hunter and my dad was a farm boy, a cop, and in the military. My mum would also shot, on occasion, in Civil Air Patrol. So I was taught that guns were only as evil as the person behind them, however they never actively supported or talked to me about owning guns. No one even took me out to a range, although when we lived on a military post my dad talked about taking me out.

Then @CountryGent came back into my life. :s0116: He was constantly carrying and made sure I was good with that. As our relationship grew, he went over some basic gun safety. After we got married, he got me my own gun (0.32 Beretta Tomcat with tip up barrel). It wasn't until we camped at his parent's for 4th of July and there was a sighting of a bobcat by the tent area, that I realized that I needed to be more proactive in my education. After we got home, I signed up for a CC class and had him take me to the range more so I wouldn't feel like a "dumb female." The next gun show I fell in love with my Walther P99. From there, I started needing new guns for different situations. :D

From there, I started needing new guns for different situations. :D

That's my problem lol. Always need new different guns...cause reasons.... :D:D

I always loved nerf guns as a little kid, then I got a bb gun, and got to shoot in the back yard. then on vacation my uncle took my dad and I to the range and let me shoot clays with shotguns, shoot .22lr, and took a shot with his 270 too. That 270 knocked me on my arse! (I was like 10 at the time i think) but ever since then I was hooked and couldn't wait to get my own pew pews, but was content shooting other peoples when they let me :D when i was 21 i bought my first pistol my walther P22, and since then the herd has been expanding into several different calibers.

Never remember not being around guns. Grew up on a small ranch in Salmon, Idaho. Dad taught be reloading and I was doing my own ammo at 12 or 13. Had my first squib load shortly thereafter. Dad's 6" inch smith became a 4" Smith! My best memories are shooting rabbits over Christmas break in the Pahsimeroi Valley. Got my first Remington 22 for Christmas when I was 10 or 11.

I grew up on a farm in rural Missouri, first rifle and shotgun (still have my 10/22 and that tiny youth model 20g 870) at around 12. Hiking around solo on the woods was a favorite pastime. My dad was the local scout master, our troop earned rifle and shotgun merit badges etc. Pops only had one handgun when I was growin up, an old sa .22 of unknown manufacture, so I didn't get into handguns until I moved out and joined the military.

My earliest memory of shooting a firearm is when my grandfather had me lie down on the back porch floor , looking out into the back pasture, and sighting down a model 1892 25-20 Winchester to shoot a can. I was all of 4 or 5 years old at the time.
I went hunting with my step-father, great-uncle, second cousin, all combat veterans. Miss them all now.
My uncle found a Remington rolling block .22 caliber rifle while playing in the Columbia River near my grandparents home. I use to use it to hunt "wicked wild domesticated" chickens for my grandmother on in our farm pen. That dang rifle shot about 3 inches to the right at about 50 feet. As far as I know my cousin owns that rifle now along with the 25-20.
Where the Cowlitz County boat dock and park is, was owned by my great-grandparents, they bought it from the original homesteaders. Did a lot of fishing out there as teenager, while living with my grandparents.
Was Range-Master in our high school rifle club.

If growing up with firearms means having one of those old wooden rifle racks hanging up on the all and having 4 of your favorite rifles and shotguns hanging up in there, by the age of 13, then yes, I grew up with firearms.... I had my first 44 magnum (a dirty Harry model 29-2) when I was 13 years old, my first 30-06 when I was 12, my 20 gauge single shot shotgun when I was 10 and an old 22 semi auto that my grandpa gave me. Those rifles and shotguns hanging in that rack, were enough to cover my bases, then and now... My best friend had more guns in his household than I did and they were literally leaning in every corner of his house and behind bedroom doors. Yeah, we were gun loonies way back when and most importantly we used them every day. We would traipse the desert looking for jackrabbits to shoot, then at night, we would hunt them from the back of the pickup from behind the headlights. Those were the good ol days...

I grew up in a small town in Montana and have had guns leaning up in the corner of my room since I was about 10 years old. I was taught how to handle them and how to be safe and how to shoot at a very young age. I pretty much had a 22 rifle welded to my hand all summer long every summer of my childhood and could not begin to guess how many gofers no longer exist because of me. I later went into the military and honed my skills and breadth of experience, now I'm just a civilian looking for a decent place to shoot, away from all the trash

I grew up in a logging family in Montana. I would go up and hunt grouse with a single shot 22 and a 20ga from 10 on...out in the woods by myself. Thought nothing of it. Also learned to drive up there. Could drive the old green 62 Chevy pickup at 12. My Uncle used to have me drive the logging roads in reverse using mirrors too. Learned how to drive skidding Cats also. Great times and a good time to be alive.

Lol welcome @Melmelhunter .
I know you 7192.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top