Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Who does the best/cheapest AK builds in the Portland area?

Reactions
Who does the best/cheapest AK builds in the Portland area? I have a Yugo RPK kit that needs to be assembled. I don't really want to pay more than few hundred bucks. I don't need it finished either, as the bare reciever matches the rest of the kit for a good "battlefield pickup" look. I called a builder in Tigard and one in Hillsboro, and they both quoted me $400. Ouch...

Nathan

OP
PosterGuy
Reactions
I didn't say I equated best with cheapest. I wanted to know who does the best work at the best price.

Nathan

Reactions
Depending on how much time you have, what model of Yugo you have and when my flat bending jig gets returned (lent it out) you are more then welcome to buy a receiver flat come over and bend it here then finish on your own.

Good quality reciver flats can be found at the link below + many other good parts and tools.

<broken link removed>

Best of all you will have fabricated it on your own, they are really simple.

Reactions
The party is a great idea - but if it is not your cup of tea call or e-mail <broken link removed> in Albany. The owner does EXCELLENT AK work. But there might be a bit of a wait.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider