Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Who do you order new guns from in the PDX area?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jrprich, Apr 20, 2012.

1. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

Who do you order new guns from in the PDX area when you cannot find the gun in stock in the stores?

2. matthew029

matthew029 Oregon, United States Member

What are you looking for?

3. jrprich

To order a Sig P938

I know they are not shipping yet but would like to get one on order

4. matthew029

Nice looking pistol. I like the one w/ the piranha grips. that's tight. Probably no help, but ask local shops if they will pre-order for you.

5. jrprich

yep, looking for recommendations on shops to order from that people have found reliable

6. errackeleo

errackeleo None Member

Try Keith's Sporting Goods in Gresham. They have a huge inventory. My second would be Northwest Armory in Milwaukee.

7. TylerDurden

TylerDurden PDX New Member

I like willamette valley arms in Hillsboro. Ask for Joe or James

8. matthew029

I like Keith's also. Good prices on handguns. You need to be patient most of the time. It's always busy when I go there. But they know their stuff and are friendly.

9. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

The bigger stores will get these first, but don't pay any money to get on a waiting list. I know Keith's took a bunch of money from people to get on the list for Kimber Solo's.

10. derrickd95

derrickd95 Forest Grove Active Member

Little Bear gun shop in hillsboro always takes care of me

DK47, chemist, creamridge and 3 others like this.
  11. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

12. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

I always go to galleryofguns website (a distributor - they only sell to dealers), and if it is in stock I will see the quoted price from the local dealers who buy from them. A few key strokes and the gun is ordered and on the way to my dealer of choice. Usually I will choose The Gun Broker since they are close by. The Gun Broker told me going through Davidsons (galleryofguns) might cost about $10 more than if they got it through a different distributor, but to me the ease of using their system is worth the slight difference in cost.

Benihaus and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

And he came through. My friend picked his up last weekend. With laser and night sights. Sweet little pistol.

14. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Don't know if you like doing business with them, but I would bet money that Keith's will have the first one's available in the PDX area. They don't give out a lot of warm and fuzzy's, but if they don't have it no one else probably does.

I will second the recommendation of Joe and James at Willamette Valley Arms. They might not be the first guys in line, but they are good guys and will treat you like they appreciate your business.

15. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

I moved here ten years ago from Hawaii. Did not know anyone and my 12yr old son did not have any friends yet either. We found Keiths and went there. We knew nothing about firearms. I just knew that I wanted to get my son a 22 rifle to go shoot pop cans so we would have something to do. Keith was great to us. Recommended the ruger 10/22 stainless with the synthectic stock for my son. I told him I might want a handgun, but had no idea of what I wanted. He sold me a G19, stating that it was a great range gun and it was small enough to carry should I deside to go that route later. Then he pulled out some maps and told us where we could go shoot in the woods. He has remembered us every time we go to the store or see him at a show. I know others gripe about the customer service, but my experience with Keith has been great. I will always shop there first.

16. rolandson

rolandson Oregon Active Member

My best purchasing experience has been through The Place to Shoot, where the price is cost + 5%. My last purchase with them was $120 less than anywhere else in town ($100 less than any web price) and arrived in just shy of a week. One must, however, be a member with them in order to receive said price.

17. jrprich

Yep,

I have had great service from Richard.

18. jrprich

19. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. They carry so darned many brands that I forget the few they don't carry.

20. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

get a hold of J&B Fire Arms stalk to Brad Wanlass hes the owner 503 260 8326 hes on here you can also talk to Andrew he goes by Cocktailor on here his Gun site is Ortwein international his number is503 313 0514