JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who do use to ship handguns out of state? Why?

• UPS

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Fedex

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • other (please state who)

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
I thought an individual (non-FFL) could not ship a handgun through the USPS, it is of course going to an FFL. I would much prefer to do that due to cost and convenience.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can ship it to another state if you are sending it to yourself.

I've used UPS before for handguns. Can you not ship through them any longer?

Federal Law (I believe) requires 2-day shipping or better. So it will cost your regardless of who you use.

I used Shipmygun.com which is a service of Bud's gun shop.
It was either $35 or $40. You do the transaction on line, they
send you a shipping label, you box it up and drop it off at a
UPS service center. Overnight delivery went smoothly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can ship it to another state if you are sending it to yourself.
Not a hand gun,just a long gun.
USPS can do it but the post master at the office has to be OK with it. Most won't
And I don't think UPS will deal with firearms any more.But FEDX you need to go to THEIR center as the local mailing shops won't do it either
Ours will but we are 2hrs away from any FEDX owned hub

Not a hand gun,just a long gun.
USPS can do it but the post master at the office has to be OK with it. Most won't
And I don't think UPS will deal with firearms any more.But FEDX you need to go to THEIR center as the local mailing shops won't do it either
Ours will but we are 2hrs away from any FEDX owned hub
UPS will ship, that is who shipmygun.com goes through.
You do have to deliver to one of their main offices though, the little mom and pop branches won't do it.
Easy to find one though.

I use the post office if it fits it ships box and you can ad insurance
I also use Fedex alot these folks are great if you have something comming and you miss them the first time they will attempt again the same day .

I never use UPS the blow they can't even follow simple instructions I have a remote door bell at my compound FENCE big grey box says door bell on it instructions on every package says ring bell on fence .
Plus if you have a package comming with ups it might show up at 9am or as late as 8pm

fedex and post office always before lunch or 12noon they rock UPS blows

When I had to ship my Glock back they stipulated FedEx or UPS ended up like $80 thru FedEx. The good of it was or is, I have the Glock I liked back (Gen 4 G-29)

I think if you package a gun yourself, at home, in a USPS box and declare it to be machined parts (Which is truthful) that you have no problem. Do NOT try to ship ammunition! HazMat! They will not see the humor in it, nor will you when they get done with you.

I sent a gun to Para via USPS

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads